• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Camber setting for handling?

JoshT

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
I know that these trucks are setup up for pretty neutral camber from the factory. Want to say that the spec is -0.5° (+/- 0.5°), atleast that's what Explorer FSM calls out, I don't have one for a Ranger. That setting is great for a general purpose daily driver especially a truck that is likely to see some time offroad and plenty of articulation. That isn't this truck...

I guess I should say what this truck is. It's a 1999 Ranger 4wd that has been V8 AWD swapped. At current it's sitting on about a 29" tire and has lift blocks removed from rear and torsion bars are backed down. Not sure on current front height, as I need to balance that and alignability. Aim is to go a little lower and smaller tires when/if control arms ever become available to correct camber and balljoint angles. Rear end has got 1" BII anti sway bar, and front will be getting a bigger bar from an Explorer Limited when I get around to pulling it.

I'm aiming for more of a fun driver that is set up for handling on windy roads, but still at home on the highway. Not too concerned about accellerated tire wear, the way I do curves I never get good tire life anyway, might actually improve if alignments is setup for it. I understand that some negative camber is good for handling on a vehicle that is being setup like this. Might actually be a good thing since with components currently available I can't get the alignment back to factory spec anyway. I'm trying to figure out how much camber angle would be good for this setup.

Thoughts....

19Walt93

Ford Technician
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Drop
3"
Tire Size
235/55R16
My credo
If you don't have time to do it right will you have time to do it over?
The most I'd use would be the negative end of factory specs with near max allowable toe in. Lower profile tires will gain more than excessive camber and the truck won't look knock kneed.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

No members online now.

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

TexasDuck66
July Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals