• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Camber Eccentric #'s

Fast Eddie

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger Edge
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
2x4 on 4x4 Factory Chassis
Tire Size
235/75/15
I did. They seem round but don't bump up against anything to hold their ground?

I saw the ones with the harder edges and these are not those. Their round/oblong and just sitting there on each side of the bushing.

I'm not real sure what a two piece upper control arm looks like. Never saw one. The truck's passenger upper control arm 'appears' one piece from the frame mounts to the upper ball joint.

It's a 2x4 Edge. This forum identified the 4x4 chassis. Anything you can throw out there regarding very slight upgrades is good information. I plan to do what I can myself, save a roadblock and front end alignment.

Glad I found this place.

sgtsandman

Aircraft Fuel Tank Diver
TRS Forum Moderator
U.S. Military - Active
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Ham Radio Operator
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2011/2019
Make / Model
Ranger XLT/FX4
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC/2.3 Ecoboost
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Pre-2008 lift/Stock
Tire Size
31X10.5R15/265/65R17
A word of caution. This site, and others, do a pretty good job of sorting things out providing good information but it can be wrong from time to time.

Not necessarily examples of this site but State Farm was convinced my plain jane 1998 XLT Ranger was a Splash and I think the Ford site had my 2019 STX FX4 listed as a Lariat using the VIN. I know for a fact that neither are either of those trim levels.

Fast Eddie

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger Edge
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
235/75/15
It was done a different way and thank you for that info. Back there somewhere in the myriad of posts, someone identified my chassis as a 4x4 based on torsion bars and no front springs. It sits high from the factory. I haven't touched a thing. I'm freshening things up during some downtime. Appreciate the help out here.

Fast Eddie

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger Edge
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
235/75/15
Just an update for anyone who may be following. Liquid Wrenched everything. Camber shims were square. New kit installed with ease. Shocks another story. No dice. 91k miles and they rusted beyond belief. My bad for not noticing earlier. Resorted to a grinder/cutter. Couldn't get all the way through before the upper shock mount narrowed and the grinder couldn't go any further. Stopped, check the bolts on the lower control arm. Tried to break them loose with a 18" breaker bar and simply rounded off the bolt heads. Supposedly 'Blast' works well as does carburetor cleaner. Taking it to a shop tomorrow. They may have to torch them off. Geez.

Fast Eddie

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger Edge
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
235/75/15
Installed the camber kit. Shocks had to be torched off so took it to a shop. Not bad for 91k and not unexpected

Installed the Bilsteins and had it aligned. Pulls slowly to the right. Had a prior camber issue wearing the pass front tire and pull seems worse after alignment.

Any ideas? I have some of my own and want to bounce that up against your opinions before I take it back to the shop. No computer printouts from alignment but it was computerized. Saw the name and can only remember 'Wizard'.

Fast Eddie

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger Edge
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
235/75/15
Quick update: Camber kit installed, lobes up.

Shop installed shocks and alignment Dude aligned front end and said it was my tires. They're in rough shape. Ranger is towed in cross-country travel. I rode them out until I could land in basecamp.

Ordered a new set from tire rack and getting those installed tomorrow. Assume, for a moment, he did a good job and the truck pulls to the right. If in the right lane, I'm off the road in 300-400 ft. Taking the crown into account, moving into the left lane (4-lane highway) and she still pulls right. The only thing that makes sense is the tire is so bad it caused a stagger I can't measure with what I have on hand but the bad tire is now on the left and not on the right.

Does any of that make sense to you? His alignment machine doesn't produce a computer printout.

Fast Eddie

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger Edge
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
235/75/15
Wanted to circle back and thank those who replied by closing the loop.

The stock camber adjustment is not there. You have to order new shims and hope the rest is not too worn to make that time, money and effort worthwhile. Get the kit.

It wasn't the tires. They re-aligned and it drives like a dream. Here's the way it went:

1) Installed camber kit - owner
2) Old shocks rusted, torched off and replaced - garage
3) 4-wheel alignment - garage
4) Pulled to the right
5) installed new tires - tire shop/owner (garage could do, spread it out)
6) re-aligned - garage

Bottom line: drives like a dream.

I'm in love again (lol)

1.slow.pitt.ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger XLT
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
So the camber bolts dowork on the I beam trucks too??? I’m planning on lowering and don’t want to have too much camber in the front to where it looks like a FD drift car....anything on this is appreciated

Fast Eddie

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger Edge
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
235/75/15
Don't mean to cloud the thread with an 'I don't know'. However, the ones I used manipulated the upper a-arm. Last time I saw an I-beam was on a 62 flair side and don't remember seeing upper a-arms. I'd question whether they would work. I'd snap pics of mine but it's raining cats and dogs right now and supposed to all day.

1.slow.pitt.ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger XLT
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
well i have a 2wd ranger and it has the i beams. I wanted to lower my truck with springs and i know that when you do that it makes the wheels camber in and the only way to lower without all the camber is to buy dream beams which are 400 alone with out the flip kit so i just wanted to know if the camber bolts even worked with the I beam rangers.

MikeG

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
B4000
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
2"
Tire Size
235/75r15
There are camber bushings in i-beams; there are camber bushings in just about everything. But.... there are limits to how much adjustment you can get out of them. I suspect it won't take much lowering before camber bushings just aren't enough. Gotta balance the other measurements, too.

There's a reason people are willing to shell out that kind of money for reworked beams, it seems.

1.slow.pitt.ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger XLT
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Yea I figured it won’t take much but I won’t mind a tiny bit of camber. Anyways thanks on the info I just looked at rockauto and I found some on there. Honestly I don’t know why you’d want to pay that kind of money for a 3 inch drop😑

MikeG

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
B4000
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
2"
Tire Size
235/75r15
I put 2 inch coil spacers to lift the front and I was told, at the time, that a 3 degree camber bushing would get it back to aligned. They didn't have one in stock so I told them to get it as close as they could, and it's been OK. A little cupping on the inside of the front tires. I just rotate them every oil change, and sometimes have to have them flipped on the rims. Anyway based on that.... and going 3 inches the other way, would just hazard a guess that 4 degree bushings might get you close. But I don't work on suspensions for a living so there may be some other things I'm not aware of. Just a random thought. Not sure if lifting uses the same bushings as lowering.

1.slow.pitt.ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger XLT
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Okay thanks for the info I’ll post my results once everything gets done.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals