• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Camber bushings for a stock truck?

locovaca

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I'm getting ready to POR-15 my I-Beams (as well as a ton of other things). I'm putting all new hardware on the beam and outward. I just got the ball joints out tonight, it looks like I have 0 degree fixed cambers currently. They're rusting to no end, so I want to replace them. Rock Auto has all sorts of ranges for Camber Bushings. What is the lowest range I could go for a 2WD stock Ranger? I have no plans of lifting/lowering in the future, I just want something that gives enough adjustment to get everything lined up, and Rock doesn't seem to sell any fixed bushings.

hondaxr650

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
No way to know which bushings you need without taking an alignment measurement to see where it is now. Adjusting the bushings to set camber also screws up your caster and toe-in, so your best bet is to take it to an alignment shop when you're done putting it back together.

locovaca

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
No way to know which bushings you need without taking an alignment measurement to see where it is now. Adjusting the bushings to set camber also screws up your caster and toe-in, so your best bet is to take it to an alignment shop when you're done putting it back together.
Right, I understand there's no way to know the exact number, but how did Ford slap every truck with a 0 degree camber bushing at the factory? There's no way for me to buy a -1 to 1 degree bushing and have that cover all of the normal ranges for a completely stock truck?

hondaxr650

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Not really, loco. You could buy a 1 degree bushing that will give you a -1 to+1 degree change from the zero you have now but rotating that bushing to get your camber to where you want it will also move the ball joint forward or back and seriously screw up your caster in the process. Ford didn't put 0 degree bushings in everything, they put in whatever it took to align the truck. I've seen very few 0 degree factory bushings. Almost all of them have some sort of offset for camber and caster.

Last edited:

locovaca

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Hmmm, ok. I mean, I plan on getting this thing professionally aligned anyway, so I'm not trying to do this myself, I'm just trying to get new hardware on there and keep it so it can be aligned. Both of my existing bushings are keyed which is what lead me to believe they were 0 degree, but I suppose they could be simply fixed at some other value (not sure how I'd go about determining what they are now).

hondaxr650

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Probably fixed at some sort of offset. They have numbers stamped on the top surface if you can get through the rust. They'll probably have 2 numbers on them, the first number is the caster.

locovaca

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Thanks for the lesson, I'll take a look tonight

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals