• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Cam sensor plug on 94 ranger

SAY789

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.8L
Transmission
Automatic
I just replaced my 4.0 with another 4.0 and with all the diff help i had doing it seein as my arms got tendonitis we lost the plug that goes into the cam sensor behind the plenum. I have looked and looked so has my buddys and we just cannot find where the lil bugger went. I was told on same harness as pass side 02 sensor but its just not there. Alll that is there is 4 plugs 2 white ones goin to 02 sensors and 1 big whit and little black goin to tranny. Im missing the 3 pin plug. Any help would be great like a pic perhaps or the harness that it is on thanks

srteach

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1999, 2001
Make / Model
Ranger, F350
Engine Size
4.0L, 7.3 Diesel
Transmission
Manual
Don't know about your 94, but on my 99 the plug exits from the wire set that is attached to the firewall above the engine.

SAY789

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.8L
Transmission
Automatic
been looking no luck in daylight i even pulled my plenum back off to look at engine harness. if i can find where the wires go i am just gonna wire in a new plug got one that came with new engine

SAY789

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.8L
Transmission
Automatic
still no luck finding the plug i have no idea where it is ive even stripped it down to nothing and thoroughly pluged each connector on. my guess is it cut itself and magically taped itself up. no luck finding the 60 pin diagram so i could t tap into it for a new plug

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals