• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Calling out to all Ranger experts (Bucket Seats in Regular Cab)

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Manual
Well I think I'm gonna go try and get some honda seats to fit, I'll let you guys know how it goes in 6 years

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Manual
Found some 96 Miata seats (black cloth with vinyl backing) in pretty decent condition. They look like they have a really skinny back, which I think will work. I'm gonna get my bracket mounted, take a look at em, and see how they fit. He want $100, which I think is a bangin price. You guys think I should talk him down?

91stranger

Reaction score
Whats round on the sides and hi in the middle-OHIO
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Gets Mo Chicks
Engine Size
4.2 straight six powered by gremlins, goblins and mudbloods.
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Someone should try to use the front seats out of a PT Cruiser. Laugh all you want but the passenger seat can fold flat when folded forward AND has a drawer underneath the seat. Not sure if they would fit but that would go with any seat not made for the truck. I just like how they fold flat... I can haul 7' 2x4's easier in my pt cruiser than I can my ranger (WTF) lol.

Attachments

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Manual
A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away.....A guy buys a Ford Ranger and keeps throwing parts at it. But at one time, he had a dream, a dream that could come true with enough effort....he dreamed of bucket seats in a single cab ranger.

ret_Marine2003

Law Enforcement
U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger XLT
Engine Type
2.5 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Stock
Total Drop
Stock
Tire Size
235/75/15
My credo
No greater friend, no worse enemy...
I have been offered a set of 1995 T-Bird Super Coupe seats. I have a 1998 Regular cab XLT.

The sunroof has been leaking water into the driver's side floor over the past several years and prior to my purchase, and the floor is in need of replacing.

I could potentially cut out the TBird floor and take everything and weld it in the Ranger, but I think the seat may sit too low.

I could switch existing seat brackets and deal with that.

I honestly like the XLT 60/40 seat, but it is jammed up with pocket change and the floor corrosion is compromising the safety of the vehicle and the ability to remove that seat so that I can clear the obstruction that keeps the seat locked to the rear.

I have been soakiñg the bolts in PB Blaster and other similar lubricants.
I tried heating the bolts but did not get them unsiezed.

I know this touches on several issues.
I look forward to your input.
This is a low milage truck.
I need it safe for my daughter and granddaughter.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Manual
So how much modificat did the miata seats need to fit?
Well I got the miata seats for $75, no tears or anything. We separated the "track" part of the seat tracks bolted those two frame pieces to the floor and tack welded a beam across either one to keep the shape when we unbolt it. We took the miata seats which had the tracks still on the seats, cut the pegs where the mounting holes were and welded them straight on the ranger seat track/frame

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Manual
I have been offered a set of 1995 T-Bird Super Coupe seats. I have a 1998 Regular cab XLT.

The sunroof has been leaking water into the driver's side floor over the past several years and prior to my purchase, and the floor is in need of replacing.

I could potentially cut out the TBird floor and take everything and weld it in the Ranger, but I think the seat may sit too low.

I could switch existing seat brackets and deal with that.

I honestly like the XLT 60/40 seat, but it is jammed up with pocket change and the floor corrosion is compromising the safety of the vehicle and the ability to remove that seat so that I can clear the obstruction that keeps the seat locked to the rear.

I have been soakiñg the bolts in PB Blaster and other similar lubricants.
I tried heating the bolts but did not get them unsiezed.

I know this touches on several issues.
I look forward to your input.
This is a low milage truck.
I need it safe for my daughter and granddaughter.
First of all, I recommend Seafoam Deep Creep instead of PB Blaster, you'll get those bolt holes out in no time. Then I recommend doing whatever you can, rangers are more common at salvage yards than t birds of that era. Unbolt the ranger passenger side seat and remove the 4 10mm bolts underneath and the torx bolt where the seat hinges. Then remove the seat tracks off of the t bird seat and make sure they fit in a regular cab. I've seen them along with explorer seats inside extended cabs, but regular cabs are a tight fit. I highly recommend you call up your welder buddy and get a pair of miata seats, they bolster better and fit both men and women.

Junglejoe

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Foxbody buckets fit. I put them in my regards cab and the seat tracts off the ranger bolt directly on the foxbody seats

2drxploder

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ranger
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Drop
lower
Tire Size
235 on 15s
I have installed 2001 explorer seats in my 93 single cab. Relatively easy install. A little more leg room might be nice. But I don’t drive the Ranger on really long trips. So I’m ok with it. (I’m 6’ 2”).

I would actually like having the seat levers on the wrong side. Since my truck is lifted considerably, the recline lever sticks up and gets rubbed pretty good when I get in and out of the truck. It has actually bent and broken off. That’s a project for “some day”. But I could use replacements again anyway since the foam is deteriorating pretty bad.

im working on 98 expo seats in 99 ranger that had 60/40, im 6'1". Passenger side is done. I dont like the lack of leg room without a non tilt steering wheel in front of me. im working on a solution still

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals