• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Calling all lighting experts

The_Dealer

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Duh!
Transmission
Automatic
I have an h4 hid kit that I bought h11 bulbs for. Wellthe relay harness for the h4 hid kit won't plug into my h11 factory light connector. Its the one stock headlight plug that plugs into the harness to tell the hid ballast when to work. What can I do to adapt the h4 female plug on my hid harness to the female h11 on my new vehicles factory wiring. Can I make up a pigtail with h4 on one end and h11 on the other?, or do they make an adapter. The h11 has two wires and the h4 has 3. Is there any diagrams that shows what each wire does? I'm trying to keep from having to buy a whole new kit. Someone please help me out

The_Dealer

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Duh!
Transmission
Automatic
I have the new h11 bulbs, all that is fine. Its the new trucks h11 headlight plug doesn't plug into the h4 relay harness. Should I get a new relay harness? They are like 10bux on ebay

What it is, is I am taking the hid kit out of my b2 and putting it into my new truck

mp3deviant721

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3l of fury
Transmission
Manual
The ballast should work, just as long as the bulbs and the harness to connect the stock harness to the ballast is H11 specific. You won't be able to use your bulbs or harness, just the ballast. So yeah, you have the right idea, get the new relay harness and you are all set.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals