• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Caliper mounting bracket

Trailborneranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
The bottom bolt on my caliper mounting bracket on the driver side of my ranger is seized in. we've tried heating it up, wd40. I know a few tricks i haven't tried yet. i was wondering if you guys have any ideas

Rock Auto 5% Discount Code: BD8D9A3814E19D Expires July 5th, 2022

Destroyer000

January 2009 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Ford
Engine Size
4.0. 4.0 Supercharged
Transmission
Manual
cut it off. then weld a nut on the existing bolt and heat it to get it out. or you can take it off and get a new reman one at the parts store with a loaded caliper.

naford

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Last time I had this problem I pounded on an impact socket and was barely able to get it out. They do sell new bots at the popular auto parts stores. So damaging this bolt must be common.

trader007

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
if heat isnt working, youre not getting it hot enough. cherry red, and if it stops being cherry red before you can get the wrench on it you need to heat it up again

and put some axel grease on it when you go to reinstall. it will make the next time you do the job 1000x easier.

Andy D

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
The Rat
Engine Size
4.0 OHV
Transmission
Manual
My credo
to prevent Found On the Road Dead, Fix Or Repair Daily
I have a 1/2 impact driver and a set of cheap impact sockets. I have various hammers and bars etc. No blue wrenches and no air. Just hammers and bars. I work on stuff until it shears. Then I start drilling :D

naford

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
If I'm not mistaken and I might be. But I believe the bolt is screwed into the bracket. So if you have to grind the head off you can get a new bracket or drill the old one in a more convenient place.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad