• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

"CaddyShack" Project GO-FER

Will

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Toyota
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
adding a bigger gear on the back sproket might make it even slower... those motors only had so much power.
You meant it the other way around I'm sure.

mc_muench

Reaction score
Make / Model
Ford
Today is a great day for a motorcycle ride, too bad I dont have a running motorcycle...or do I?

Started off this morning with a pot of coffee and by hooking up the new petcock and carb, putting everything together.

Then went to advance to pick up some 10w40 for the gear case, and some new fuel line.

Then I put some 50:1 gas in the newly non-rusty tank, because the oil injection doesn't work, tried to kick start it...it sputtered once or twice, I was like :icon_surprised::yahoo::headbang: and then nothing:annoyed:.

Took the spark plug out to test for spark, ended up shocking my dad:icon_twisted:, he's ok.

Before I replugged it, I added some starter fluid to the combustion chamber.

Kick started it one more time...and I was like :yahoo::headbang::icon_hornsup::icon_bounceblue:

It smokes, who needs the ozone anyway, but it runs great. The video below is the second start up, I also seafoamed it, smoked even more.

Then came the next step, it ran, so now question was does it drive? My dad took the mayden, er, latest voyage, surprisingly the speedo, odometer, headlight and most importantly the brakes work. What doesn't work is the brake light, turn signals, horn and dash lights. The video below is of his ride.

THEN, I took my first ride on a motorcycle, the camera's video memory was full so there's only pics.

After my ride, my dad made me change the handle bars back:annoyed:...he said they hurt his back, and he also says we have to get ride of the pink handle bars, so Im going to get some drag handle bars.

Now, its time to get this thing street legal, and looking young again, and ride it to college next year in good weather.

Last edited:

mc_muench

Reaction score
Make / Model
Ford
Bad news bears...at 3 I had it running fine, now at 7 when I was going to a friends house to show it off, it wont start:pissedoff:. It gets spark, and fuel. But when I took out the spark plug, it was completely back with oil...so maybe the oil injection actually works and the oil to gas ratio is way off?:icon_confused: So, basically I have some troubleshooting to do.

Last edited:

dp88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Thats awesome you got it running... for awhile. Hope its nothing too bad. That looks kinda uncomfortable to ride all I could think about while watching the video was oh my back.

pillen140

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
nice! sucks it stalled though!

mc_muench

Reaction score
Make / Model
Ford
Thats awesome you got it running... for awhile. Hope its nothing too bad. That looks kinda uncomfortable to ride all I could think about while watching the video was oh my back.
Im young, comfort doesnt matter, my dad is a little cry baby:bawling: and didn't want then low.

nice! sucks it stalled though!
That was my dad, I never stalled it once. :D

Next week, Im taking it to a shop, called Moto-Scoot, that my friend goes to for his moped. The shop guys are really knowledgable, nice and reasonably cheap. Im guessing its either just that the carb isnt dialed in correctly or the oil injection acytually working and throwing off the oil to fuel ratio. And I don't know to much about carbs or the oil injection system, so Ill let them figure it out.

Last edited:

mc_muench

Reaction score
Make / Model
Ford
Brain storming some future plans for it, nothing major but it will look clean...nothing will happen until I get it running reliably.

-get it registered/street legal
-polish chrome
-clean everything
-get electrical working...aka brake light, blinkers, dash lights, horn
-black air intake
-black drag handle bars
-chrome/black exhaust...dual?
-"cool" basket thing
-center stand

Last edited:

mc_muench

Reaction score
Make / Model
Ford
I figured out why the brake light didnt work...bulb was broken

Also, just kinda realized/noticed that I dont have a head gasket:icon_surprised:, that is on the list of things to order.

Last edited:

mc_muench

Reaction score
Make / Model
Ford
I had an epiphony today, I never put fuel filter in between the tank and carb, today's terrible quality of fuel would definitly stop it from running.

So how do I clean out the carb now?

mentalbreakdown00

Ford Technician
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Jeep
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
today's fuel is a lot cleaner than lets say the 50's or 60's and down.... to clean a carb you have to dissasemble it...

mc_muench

Reaction score
Make / Model
Ford
Put the fuel filter on and nothing...so, it definitly has to be the fuel mixture or me or the carb isnt dialed in or I have no clue how to start it.

When I tried kick starting it today, prolly 1 out of every 10 kicks I got a surge of where it ran and then died right away. Then I tried to push start it, the third attempt it ran consistently until the driveway ended and I stalled it in fear of hitting the garage door. After that, nothing...anyways, I really gotta take it to that shop.

Last edited:

mc_muench

Reaction score
Make / Model
Ford
the last big job for the ranger, before I sell her:bawling:...carry the GO-FER to the shop

I also finally ordered a head gasket and a suzuki repair manual.

mc_muench

Reaction score
Make / Model
Ford
I got the head gasket, and with the help of a mechanic friend, we have found the problem, the oil injection actually works. I put in 50:1 gas because I was told the oil injection didnt work. So, in reality I was running a way too oil rich of a fuel mixture, gunking up the carb and making it impossible to ingnite. The plan of action is empty the gas tank, empty the oil tank, purge the oil system of the gunky oil, clean the carb, put it all back together, add new oil, add straight gas, try starting her.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals