• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

"CaddyShack" Project GO-FER

gwaii

2010 OTOTY Winner
OTOTM Winner
2010 Truck of The Year
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
there is a leak down tester available, must like checking for a boost leak on a turbo car

hey op did you check compression? seems like maybe the rings are worn and you don't have good compression to fire the thing up at all times
leak-down testing on a two stroke is a bit difficult.there aren't any valves,the cylinder is only sealed at the top of the stroke.

bad rings are a possibility.on the crank seals,one end is generally in the transmission,so it will be pulling in oil.if the oil level in the trans keeps going low and there's a lot of oil in the exhaust,this can be the cause.
the other end of the crank has the alternator/ignition on it.remove the cover(on those where you can)and when running,spray a bit of starter fluid in.if the engine revs up,the seals are gone.

mc_muench

Reaction score
Make / Model
Ford
ya thanks guys, all good info, Ill hve to check all this when I pull it out if the shed after all the snow melts

Duane867

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
Check out repairmanualonline.info for your climber repair manual.
I saw one a while back while looking up stuff for my 73' TC100 suzuki and it was free.

TheTopher

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Good to see ya back at work on this thing, man!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad