• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Cab Mount Bushing Replacement

94Rangerfcb

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
My 94 ext cab has 150K on it.

I am getting ready to replace all the bushings with poly ones. I've ready the info on the tech pages. Replacing sway bars and the rest won't be a problem for me. I'll catch the shocks at the same.

The truck is a daily driver. Nothing special. I want to give it a better ride. With out spending a ton of $

My question centers around the cab mounts. I've searched and didn't find info on the topic.

How do you replace them? Mine are all smashed, cracked and obviously broken. Happens to all of our trucks.

Am I taking out the carpet on the inside, or can they be accessed from underneath?

Do I need to take the entire cab off, or can I replace them one at a time?

I would be appreciative to any insight you could give. I know this has been done.

thanks in advance.

Ranger44

Ford Technician
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
4.0 OHV
Transmission
Automatic
You'll need to take up the carpet. There are rubber groumets on the floor. The bolt heads are located under these.

You can just do them one at a time. No need to remove the cab.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals