• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Bushmaster

ThatGuy

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Had to pick up a track bar mount for a fellow TRSer today. When I got to the Duff shop I walked in and saw this.

It's Ted Nugent's Bushmaster Bronco. The TV show Gearz with Stacey David had arranged for the Bronco to go to the Duff shop to get SAS'd in the front with a 4-link in the rear. It's riding on 42" Iroks on 17" wheels that are bolted to a set of Currie ProRock 60s. This thing is HUGE!!!! My Explorer always looked big in their small shop but nothing like this.

Funny thing is they have to do all the work to it but make it removable so it looks like Stacey is doing it on the TV show. The front end has the same parts my Explorer has on it--the coil buckets, the EB coils, radius arms, and the track bar bracket is the same design as mine except just bigger.

The plans are to jump this big beast just like he did once before on his show or it might have been when he was still doing TRUCKS on SpikeTV. Stay tuned.

feellnfroggy

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Thats fawkin awesome. It'll be some good advertising for that shop too maybe? Did they say how long they would have it for? I might have to go see it sometime.

ThatGuy

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
It will prolly be there for a week or so. These pics were first thing this morning. Most of what you see will be coming off to be reworked. The Bronco first came in over 2 years ago and they done most of the work then. It then went to some shop in Illinois or Indiana where it has set for 2 years. The shop finally went bankrupt and Ted had to go personally to retrieve his Bronco. The interior had been completely stripped but no work had been done. After he got it back they got some interior work done and then changed their mind on some of the suspension. It's now back at Duff's to get re-done even though it has never been driven. They figured since the Bronco was back they would put some of their new products on and tweak some of the other things they didn't like from the first go-round.

feellnfroggy

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
I'd love to be able to help them with a project like that. The amount of stuff I could learn is immeasureable.

Hey Brad, text me when you get free tonight. I think I already asked you but Im asking again cuz I dont remember. Would it be easier to swap the housing with the differential only or the entire d35? SOrry to threadjack.

88_Eddie

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988, 2000
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L, 4.0L
Transmission
Manual
just cause it's ted nugent's doesnt mean it's ok to have that snake painted on the door.

minus that, it's F-ing sweet. ted nugent has an early bronco that was on some show a while back, it's all black on 35's i think, it's badass too

damn i wish i had millions of dollars

feellnfroggy

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
whats wrong with the snake?

country0001

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford,Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I'm not big on graphics on the side either.

4x4junkie

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco II
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
35x12.50R15
Funny thing is they have to do all the work to it but make it removable so it looks like Stacey is doing it on the TV show.
I always marveled at how it is on those shows that all the old stuff comes off so friggin' easy on those trucks that it looks fake lol.

×3 on those graphics.

Foxracin

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Is that the one that used to be painted like a zebra? I remember it on trucks. Ill have to look out for it on gearz. Should give Duff some great publicity.

ThatGuy

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
It's getting a new paint job too. The truck looks good from about 20 feet but when you get up close you can tell it was done at a community college. It does have some trick mods done to it, mostly subtle but sweet.

It also has some really stupid stuff i.e. a bad ass full cage that is all tig welded and the gussets are all laser cut with the Gearz logo and guns and crazy stuff like that but then it's welded to the floor pan not all the way through to the frame. Doesn't even have plates on the floor pan just welded straight to the sheet metal????

Duff also had all of the arms, brackets, and coils powdercoated the metallic green to match the truck so that when Stacey was putting it on it would all match. All of that was sent back with the truck and now they aren't even gonna use it--if ya need some green stuff they might cut you a deal.

The big kick in the nuts is that nothing on the truck has cost Ted Nugent one cent. You'd think that someone with plenty of money would be willing to pay for the $12K axles, the $2K brakes, $3K wheels & tires, $4K suspension, but no----it's all donated. I'm like WTF?!? I'd send a bill along with it for full price plus install time.

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
I like the flares and the paint!!!! One trick pony!!!

The Cat's Meow, Bro!!!!!

xkotyx

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
im with others, nothing against the snake, just almost any graphics dont look good on vehicles IMO. gotta keep it simple!

88_Eddie

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988, 2000
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L, 4.0L
Transmission
Manual
whats wrong with the snake?
just not a fan of graphics, there's a very small window in a man's life when it's ok to have them on your truck and it ends just after your 9th birthday when you stop playing with hot wheels

It's getting a new paint job too. The truck looks good from about 20 feet but when you get up close you can tell it was done at a community college. It does have some trick mods done to it, mostly subtle but sweet.

It also has some really stupid stuff i.e. a bad ass full cage that is all tig welded and the gussets are all laser cut with the Gearz logo and guns and crazy stuff like that but then it's welded to the floor pan not all the way through to the frame. Doesn't even have plates on the floor pan just welded straight to the sheet metal????

Duff also had all of the arms, brackets, and coils powdercoated the metallic green to match the truck so that when Stacey was putting it on it would all match. All of that was sent back with the truck and now they aren't even gonna use it--if ya need some green stuff they might cut you a deal.

The big kick in the nuts is that nothing on the truck has cost Ted Nugent one cent. You'd think that someone with plenty of money would be willing to pay for the $12K axles, the $2K brakes, $3K wheels & tires, $4K suspension, but no----it's all donated. I'm like WTF?!? I'd send a bill along with it for full price plus install time.
donated?......wow, so as soon as you can afford anything you want, you dont have to pay for it.

country0001

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford,Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
donated?......wow, so as soon as you can afford anything you want, you dont have to pay for it.
None of the big stars pay for stuff. We pay for it so they can play with it. Look inside an album jacket and see who they thank. They're thanking them for all the free stuff they get.

I'm starting to think about selling sponsorship of my truck to people. :icon_idea:They can write it of as advertisement. Let someone else pay for my hobby!

dirtcowboy

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1985,1986(2),19
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
2.9, 4.6, 4.0, 6.8, 5.0x4
Transmission
Automatic
Stacy has a biiiiig fetish with painting crap on the doors of the trucks he "builds". I figgered it was some sort of hillbilly hiccup in his noggin.

HOLD THE FONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! "Had to pick up a track bar mount for a fellow TRSer" Are these for the BII sas getup?

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals