• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Bumper Alignment Question

dwsykes

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
14, 88
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.5TT, 2.9
Transmission
Manual
What is the spacing (between bumper and grille) supposed to be on a 2002 Fx4? I looked at it a second ago, and it just looks funny to me....maybe a little low :icon_confused:

EDIT: A general measurement between the bumper and grille is all I really need to know....Thanks

Last edited:

flamingx

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 OHV
Transmission
Manual
As far as I can tell it's only there to alow for flex of the bumper if you bump into anything without damaging the fenders and maybe a little for air flow.

You should be able to get your fingers in there so about 1" is normal. If you look around you'll find all vehicles with a rap around front steel bumper, be it Ford, GM, Chysler or import, all have the same gap.

dwsykes

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
14, 88
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.5TT, 2.9
Transmission
Manual
It appears to be about 1" or less at the wrap around and 1.5" at the front/center of the truck. This vehicle has been in minor accidents by both of the PO before I got it. I just notice small things sometimes. Like the fact that the bed of the truck leans a little to the right while your staring at it from the rear. I like perfection....its a problem :icon_twisted: Thanks!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals