• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Bumble's Build Thread

BlackBII

Ranger Custom
Article Contributor
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Truck of Month
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
Looks good mate!

Your truck is higher than mine; I may need to add a small bodylift.

twb4525

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0/A4LD
Transmission
Automatic
Nice work. I like the LED idea for the instrument cluster and heat/ac controls. How many bulbs did u need total?

Thanks

Dprocks100

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Nice work. I like the LED idea for the instrument cluster and heat/ac controls. How many bulbs did u need total?

Thanks
Thanks guys! I don't remember exactly how many, I know I bought 15 bulbs for the dash and had some left over.

Dprocks100

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Finally got a hitch welded to my bumper, thanks to my brother! And a couple of wheeling pics to go with it. Not really any progress towards 4x4 swap, but my transmission seems to have some bearing noise coming from it, so when it goes I'll put in a 4x4 tranny and transfercase. That will probably be my first step.

BlackBII

Ranger Custom
Article Contributor
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Truck of Month
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
Truck looks great!

Will you be bringing it to the next meetup/wheeling/camping trip? I'd love to check it out.

If your trans is making noise it's likely the input shaft bearing. The 3 plugs behind the shifter will usually leak and the front bearing starves for oil.

Dprocks100

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Yeah at the moment I plan on going to the next meet up. That's the weekend I get home from school, so hopefully I'm not going be to busy.

I've fixed those plugs already, and I haven't lost any fluid. I wanna swap the input shafts anyways to convert to 4x4 (instead of finding a 2.3 4x4 tranny) so I might just plan that sooner than I thought. I hear it when in 4th and 5th, so I don't really know what it is. Its done it the last 5,000 miles and hasn't gotten worse, so I haven't worried about it too much.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Dprocks100

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Bought some parts last night, I think we all know where this is going to end up... :headbang:

BlackBII

Ranger Custom
Article Contributor
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Truck of Month
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
Solid axle.

I like it. :icon_thumby:

DOPIESLC

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Same frame mounts I used for the long arms. What's your plans for the upper control arms? I can tell you after doing mine I would just buy the JamesDuff track bar mount. This will solve all of the issues with trying to figure out a track bar mount and the need to modify your coil buckets. Plus I can give you the part numbers for the new front brakelines. They are cheaper than doing a stainless braided route. If I remember they were like $30 for the pair. Oh and I have the 1.25" square johnny joint inserts if you need them . I can bring them to the next meet. I have no need for them and want them gone, so I will just give them to you. Oh and look for a dana 28 front drive line when you get to that point. The dana 35 is 2" too short. Just to save you a headache.

Last edited:

Dprocks100

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Solid axle.

I like it. :icon_thumby:
Thanks man! :icon_thumby: Its going to be a pretty slow build. I found a deal I couldn't pass up, so I jumped on it a bit early! A lot of the parts there are going to my brother for his swap, he already had an axle. We are going to get his done this summer, while I clean up my axle and gather parts as I can afford them.

Dopie, for Brenden's swap, we are planning on using jeep style long arms and build the mounts with a new transmission crossmember. I think its a similar setup to what you used with yours on the uppers if I remember right. Depending on how it goes on his, I'll probably do the same on mine. Yeah, I've been really leaning towards the JamesDuff Track bar mount. I want the swap to be as simple and fast as possible when I do it, so I figured it would be worth it. Luckily I have Brenden's to do first, so I can figure out what works well and what doesn't when I do mine. Those inserts would be awesome, thanks! The next meet should work, I'm going to try my best to make it. Are the brake lines the same ones in the tech library for a chevy suburban? Those were what I was thinking of using.

DOPIESLC

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Do you still need those inserts? Yes they are the same lines in the tech library. I just cut the mounting bracket off of them. Sorry it's been a bit since I've been around.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals