• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Built a website for my girlfriend

Jim Oaks

Just some guy with a website
Administrator
Founder / Site Owner
Article Contributor
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6-inches
Tire Size
33x12.50x15
I've built sites for myself, but never for a girlfriend.

My girlfriends parents started raising and selling Emu's back in the 1980's, and then began selling Emu oil in 1992. People use the oil for everything from skin issues to muscle pain.

At some point her daughter took over the emu oil business, but didn't keep up with it and let the domain expire. I was able to help my girlfriend buy the domain name back, and then built a new and better website.

She wanted a store website that was clean and simple, and we had an idea of how it should be laid out, but couldn't find a template that would work. On my sites I use a specific template for all the sites making them easy to set up. This project took much more work.

The name of the family business is Willow Grove Ranch, and my girlfriend was trying to create a logo with a willow tree. She was also trying to incorporate a tattoo she has in to the logo, but nothing was looking good. I convinced her to ditch the willow tree and just use the tattoo since it meant something to her. She found a program online that helped her design a logo, and this is what she came up with:

I'm really proud of her. Especially considering that she's not computer savvy at all.

This is the site I built:

Home - Willow Grove Ranch

Some templates look good on a computer, but not on a phone. This looks good on both.

Now comes the task of trying to reach out to all of their old customers and get them back. She just designed postcards to mail out. Not sure when she'll get them. Need to find out if there is a way to get the post office to apply postage to them in bulk to save money.

Last edited:

Rock Auto 5% Discount Code: 70D65189E6D8FF: January 5th, 2022

Ranger850

Supporting Member
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Born with a 3.0, looking for a donor V8
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Stock 2"
Tire Size
Stock
My credo
Doing things wrong, until I get it right.
Nice work. those Emu oil bottles need that Logo on them. Stickers maybe. I have found a few online companies that will make custom stickers. If you have that Logo in a PDF, it will be very easy.

Jim Oaks

Just some guy with a website
Administrator
Founder / Site Owner
Article Contributor
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6-inches
Tire Size
33x12.50x15
Unfortunately she has a shit ton of those labels that she needs to use up.

superj

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ranger edge
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
none
Total Drop
none
Tire Size
have to check
My credo
work in aviation repair
i cannot get the link to open for the website. i think its cool y'all are trying to get it back going properly again, her family's business