• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

build sheet for ranger gt

88gt

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.3t swap in prog...
Transmission
Manual
ok, i went diving today for the build sheet for my ranger. It is unobtainable. Completely dried to the under side of the carpet and to the floorboard, and almost completely unreadable. the reabable sections i can barely make out but i cant find the spot that says my truck is a ranger gt or the vin number...is there any way that i might be able to use the vin and aquire a new (or copied) build sheet for the truck, or even the order sheet for the truck to be built so that i might have hard copy that says my truck is what it is and not just some lucky ranger that got a body kit...Any help in any direction will be greatly appreciated Thanks!!!

RobbieD

2.9l Mafia
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
Toonces drives a Ranger . . . . just not very well.
I've heard of people getting a copy of the build sheet directly from Ford, but never done it myself, so I don't know what's involved.

88gt

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.3t swap in prog...
Transmission
Manual
i googled the topic and ppl say to go to the ford site, got to the contact us page, and click the hyperlink " Ask Kate". i couldn't fin the ask kate thing but i did email ford abou t the topic and am waiting to get a reply to the subject. when i get it, i am goin to post a thread about ho to get one from ford. other ford sites for the broncos and older cars(ex:mustangs) say to go to https://www.customersaskford.com/Kate/KanaF...SourceSite=Ford but i didn't have any luck with that at all. and they also say that ford only wants request for the build sheets for 92 and older cars and trucks. thats all i know thus far

RobbieD

2.9l Mafia
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
Well, thanks for letting us know what you found out, and I'd definitely like to hear how this turns out. Good luck on it; I can understand your wanting the build sheet for your truck.

shorangerbird

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
there is only one place that shows on the build sheet that it was a GT. it is at the bottom of all of the coded information in the blank white area. it will say:
ZZ: GT PKG

88gt

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.3t swap in prog...
Transmission
Manual
well, if thats the case, im screwed, but im sure that is it was it is!!!

88gt

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.3t swap in prog...
Transmission
Manual
ok, i got a response from FORD. and it goes as follows;

FoMoCo: "We have requested a build sheet for your vehicle from our Research Department. This document will outline the options and equipment with which your vehicle was originally ordered. You should expect to receive a response from our research department within two business days regarding the time frame and how we can mail this information to you."

I may still be trying to beat a dead horse here, but if it shows that it is a GT, i will post a thread on how to get this document for the rest of ya'll who have a destroyed or nonexistant build sheet.

Danger06Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2006/1986/2001
Make / Model
Ford/Mercury
Engine Size
4.0L/351M/2.5L
Transmission
Automatic
good luck with that

shorangerbird

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
ok, i got a response from FORD. and it goes as follows;

FoMoCo: "We have requested a build sheet for your vehicle from our Research Department. This document will outline the options and equipment with which your vehicle was originally ordered. You should expect to receive a response from our research department within two business days regarding the time frame and how we can mail this information to you."

I may still be trying to beat a dead horse here, but if it shows that it is a GT, i will post a thread on how to get this document for the rest of ya'll who have a destroyed or nonexistant build sheet.
god job!....:icon_thumby:

WhiteBroncoII2WD

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
It may take a while, but I was abe to get a build sheet for our Bronco II

88gt

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.3t swap in prog...
Transmission
Manual
yea, i got the email from ford the other day and i have 4-6 weeks of waiting to do now.

88gt

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.3t swap in prog...
Transmission
Manual
ok, got some disappointing news. Got my letter from ford today. It turns out that i have a STX trim truck and not a gt. SO what i really have is a ranger stx with simillar options to the gt with a gt bodykit slapped on there. But atleast i can have the pride of owning one of those rare body kits and a piece or rare, underappreciated history. As for a writeup on how to get your own copy of the build sheet, ill post a ho to thread later this week. But after all this, im now bent and determined to get a GT!!!

RobbieD

2.9l Mafia
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
Hey, man, at least you know the story on the truck, and there's nothing wrong with having an STX truck with the rare GT body kit on it. Like you, I'd love to get a hold of a Ranger GT someday. And with the STX-built-as-a-GT, at least you're a lot closer than me to having one!

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Yeah there is a cut off, once they get so old they have to have some other company dig thru their records and get your information.

I had my F-150 build sheet in 2 weeks, it was new enough to still be on file I guess. My Ranger's took forever, I actually emailed them again at 6 weeks and 4 weeks after that I got it... and it has a much more interesting story than your STX/GT.

It used to be black with a red interior, overhead console with cruise... all the bells and whistles. Now as far as I can tell it is a mix and match of a couple trucks, one of which was factory green, A/C (minus condenser) and has a hole cut in the floor plate for the 4x4 lever, you can still see the black paint were the green has peeled off between the cab and bed.

If these trucks could talk...

Last edited:

88gt

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.3t swap in prog...
Transmission
Manual
my ranger has a story to it too. im the third owner. and it was in nj its whole life till i moved to va. started off scarlet red with a red interior. my dad recalls seein the truck rolling around in the early 90's. it had a different wheel on it then than when i bought it, but the special wheel was in the bed as a spare. apparently it gain the body kit at some point, factory installed or not, dunno. then it was painted black. then it was sold, lowered and gain wire-spoke wheels(that rusted out in nj winters), then i bought it lifted it back up and here i am. did some body work on it and found it has like 15 layers+ of paint and primer on it. the plan is to get a sandblasting, smooth out the dents and put down a new layer of jet black!!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals