• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Bug body + Bronco II frame

BONES

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
gt40 5L
Transmission
Automatic
Cool!

Can't wait for updates!

William Vernon

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Bronco Bug

Drof,

Hows the Bugonco project going!? I myself wanna start building one also, I have a 1984 Bronco 2 and I have a '57 oval window already off the pan. Are you putting your bug on the bronco pan or are putting the bug body on the bronco frame and building your own floor and mounts? Any advise I will appreciate! I figure you already jumped alot of hurdles that you already knocked down. Can't wait to see some more pictures. I'm gonna build mine in hopes to start participating in some VORRA Class 5 unlimited or Class 7 Races here in Nevada.

Thanx for you time,

Bill

chvlfrk

December 2010 STOTM Winner
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger XLT 5.0L
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
5.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Tire Size
235/70R15 front / 275/60R15 rear
Enjoy!

Seen these before, thought I'd share:

Not a Bug, but I've seen this twice at a local Cruise-In & its FREAKIN SWEET!
With the hood closed you'd never suspect anythin...............

Robert_1967

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988/1989
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
302/2.9
Transmission
Automatic
A Friend of mine has a VW Bug with a Corvette LS1 engine in it, it's sitting on a s10 frame, they had to put BMW grills in the hood to let cool air in, also has PT Cruiser tail lights, and newer Beetle head lights.

Robert

chvlfrk

December 2010 STOTM Winner
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger XLT 5.0L
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
5.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Tire Size
235/70R15 front / 275/60R15 rear
???

A Friend of mine has a VW Bug with a Corvette LS1 engine in it, it's sitting on a s10 frame, they had to put BMW grills in the hood to let cool air in, also has PT Cruiser tail lights, and newer Beetle head lights. Robert
=================================
Pics????

Drof 1909

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1965 BroncoBug
Make / Model
Drof
Transmission
Manual
Hey Bill Sorry it took me a few weeks to get back to ya, I am sadly having to sale me Bug Bronco we are having a Baby and so it has not gotten any progress made to it past what is seen in the pictures here I was planning on setting the bug on the bronco pan but I would advise against that just throw the bug on the frame and build your floor much easier!! one other thing I would do Bill is get a newer bronco II to play with for the Fuel injection aspect that is what I have..

Last edited:

William Vernon

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Bugonco

Drof,

Congrats on your new baby! I was gonna say don't let the kid stop ya! Your gonna need some self time and the Bugonco project will wait for ya, jus now your gonna have to put the $$ in for diapers and stuff. Glad you decided not to sell the Bugonco project. Anyway, my '84 already has a Rough Country lift kit in it, and a Offy manifold w/ a 4 bbl on it. Future project on the '84 is going to change ring and pinions and put in some lockers., but 1st I really wanna put the bug body on it. Thanx for your advise! after studying the 2 together I decided to do just as you said. I havn't really started on that project yet cause I'm helping my son build a Class 5 baja bug now. Hopefully will have it done for the next local race. When I finally start my Bugonco project I will post pictures for ya to see.

Take care, and I believe a BUGONCO will be a GREAT 1st vehicle for your kid!

Bill

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals