• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Buffing/Polishing Wheels

Robert_1967

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988/1989
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
302/2.9
Transmission
Automatic
My friend has a buffing wheel on a bench grinder that looks like a stone grinding wheel, but it's soft and made for polishing, and for the life of me I can't find anything online about the wheel, of course I don't know what the wheel is called.

SO if anyone has seen this kind of polishing wheel, and know the name OR a place where I can order one, please let me know.

I know they come in 6" and 8" for the bench grinders, and bench polishers.

Thank you

Robert

sent with a griffin, and a rose lily.

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
Try the Search function on our site. This has been brought up a few times. If the wheels are really bad (pitted and deep scratches) you might have to go a heavy duty route. But for every month use when my rides get detailed I use Mothers polishing cones and they work with a hand drill. They last a long time and work great on my aluminium wheels. There are a few different styles of the polishing cones to pick from and they are great for getting in the wheel holes and all the small openings.

martin

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
The only polishing wheels I've seen are the fabric ones that you use with a compound and the hard rubber based ones that have some sort of compound moulded in. Perhaps what you describe is something new, a picture might help. What are you trying to polish?

daniel3507

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Try the Search function on our site. This has been brought up a few times. If the wheels are really bad (pitted and deep scratches) you might have to go a heavy duty route. But for every month use when my rides get detailed I use Mothers polishing cones and they work with a hand drill. They last a long time and work great on my aluminium wheels. There are a few different styles of the polishing cones to pick from and they are great for getting in the wheel holes and all the small openings.
:icon_confused::icon_confused:
It helps to read the post before responding :icon_rofl:

Robert_1967

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988/1989
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
302/2.9
Transmission
Automatic
The only polishing wheels I've seen are the fabric ones that you use with a compound and the hard rubber based ones that have some sort of compound moulded in. Perhaps what you describe is something new, a picture might help. What are you trying to polish?
That might be what I'm looking for (Rubber base) now if I just knew what they where called.

Robert

sent with a smile and a upside down frown.

Robert_1967

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988/1989
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
302/2.9
Transmission
Automatic
I think the first link is what I'm looking for, they look close to what my friend has, I would have never thought of looking up a gunsmith shop for the item.

he has felt wheels, they do no where as good of a job as the one wheel does that is getting worn out.

thanks for the links and help.

Robert

sent with a pocket knife, and a piece of 2mm wire.

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
:icon_confused::icon_confused:
It helps to read the post before responding :icon_rofl:
He did say 'polishing wheels' so I was reading it that he was wondering about what kind to use for a buffer/grinder set up which some people do use to clean up and polish wheels.

lol

kunar

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
5.8l
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
we use this stuff at work, the wheels and the polish. it seems to work fine to me but i dont really have any experience in polishing aluminum other than the little stuff we do at work. btw, no im not getting kickbacks from the company or anything like that.

www.zephyrpro40.com

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals