• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Bronco II With Quarter Flip Windows Found

racsan

Supporting Member
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford/escape
Engine Type
2.5 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.5/151 I-4
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
235/70/16
My credo
the grey-t escape
Ive never seen one myself, seems neat but one more potential place for water to leak and expensive if you broke one.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Ive never seen one myself, seems neat but one more potential place for water to leak and expensive if you broke one.
Regular BII windows are stupid expensive anyway...

racsan

Supporting Member
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford/escape
Engine Type
2.5 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.5/151 I-4
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
235/70/16
My credo
the grey-t escape
I can imagine. I breifly worked at a auto glass place once, the way they bend it is by having the glass on a mold and as its heated up in a oven it bends until its fitting the mold. Interesting but a headache, all sorts of things affect how much it bends.

Jim Oaks

Just some guy with a website
Administrator
Founder / Site Owner
Supporting Vendor
Article Contributor
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1996 / 2021
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 / 2.3 Ecoboost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6-inches
Tire Size
33x12.50x15
Thanks Jim for sharing my new find!!! I’m thrilled that I can share it with everyone!! I posted a follow up video where I remove a side window.

Thanks,
Sure.

I still need you to post or email me some photos of the interior and exterior so I can get this documented at the Bronco Corral.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Central PA is kinda close to the usual TRS Roundup hunting grounds too...

Welcome to TRS!

Gillan’sGarage

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco II
Transmission
Automatic
Sure.

I still need you to post or email me some photos of the interior and exterior so I can get this documented at the Bronco Corral.
Ok will do!! I’ll email them to you. Honestly I forgot.

wildbill23c

U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ham Radio Operator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Total Drop
Tire Size
215/70-R14
My credo
19K, 19D, 92Y, 88M, 91F....OIF-III (2004-2005)
The rear hatch on my Bronco 2 leaks, as did the one on my previous Bronco 2, so the less crap that opens the better, most likely one reason so few were ordered with those plus the top and rear hatch didn't come off so most people didn't bother ordering them with those removable windows, and what the heck would you do with them after you removed them anyways, no easy way to really store them and protect them. I just wish they would have built the Bronco 2 like the earlier Bronco's and full size Bronco's where the whole dang top would come off, would have made 100% more sense.

I just wish my 88 Bronco 2 had the same passenger seat that the one in the video has. Having to flip the seat back forward then slide the seat forward is a PITA, stupid design idea not sure why they didn't all come with that seat like in the video, or do like the F-Series trucks had in the super cabs in the 80's, the whole seat just flipped forward.

Ramcharger90

Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
306, Bcam,
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
I love those special items. I once had a 88 Ramcharger with a similar setup I never thought anything about it but maybe there was a company that offered that option. Just food for thought.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
The rear hatch on my Bronco 2 leaks, as did the one on my previous Bronco 2, so the less crap that opens the better, most likely one reason so few were ordered with those plus the top and rear hatch didn't come off so most people didn't bother ordering them with those removable windows, and what the heck would you do with them after you removed them anyways, no easy way to really store them and protect them. I just wish they would have built the Bronco 2 like the earlier Bronco's and full size Bronco's where the whole dang top would come off, would have made 100% more sense.

I just wish my 88 Bronco 2 had the same passenger seat that the one in the video has. Having to flip the seat back forward then slide the seat forward is a PITA, stupid design idea not sure why they didn't all come with that seat like in the video, or do like the F-Series trucks had in the super cabs in the 80's, the whole seat just flipped forward.
Most likely Ford figured by the time a vehicle was going on 40 years old the owner would be replacing the door/window seals.

I replaced the side window seals in my Ranger over 10 years ago because they were dried out, falling apart and leaking lol.

franklin2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco II
Transmission
Manual
What was the reason to even produce the Bronco II? I believe they were trying to take market share away from Jeep and the other small off road vehicles coming from overseas. The "open air" concept was more of a Jeep thing than anything. You guys are probably right, practicality set in and Ford discouraged the option being ordered. But I bet marketing trying to compete with other leaders in this type of vehicle is the reason they were even thought of as a possible option. I bet some arm twisting was done when the one above was produced.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
What was the reason to even produce the Bronco II? I believe they were trying to take market share away from Jeep and the other small off road vehicles coming from overseas. The "open air" concept was more of a Jeep thing than anything. You guys are probably right, practicality set in and Ford discouraged the option being ordered. But I bet marketing trying to compete with other leaders in this type of vehicle is the reason they were even thought of as a possible option. I bet some arm twisting was done when the one above was produced.
Jeep did it first yes but Bronco had a removable top from the beginning too.

IMO Bronco going full size left a void for a smaller, cheaper and more nimble Bronco to enter the foray.

Plus the S-10 Blazer and Jeep Cherokee had to be countered by something.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals