• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Bronco II Headliner Replacement

ford4wd08

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Engine Type
2.8 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Hi Guys,

As I continue to work on my BII, I've decided to go ahead and replace my headliner.

I pulled it down this weekend, and removed the nasty ass old material. My granddad thought it was a great idea to use a staple gun to hold it all up at one time..... I'll work through that with the repair.

Anyhow I am going to repair the foam backing board as it was already cracked before I took it down. I plan on using resin and fiberglass mat to repair it.

My question is about the foam padding that was above the head liner. It looked like carpet padding almost.

I tossed it in the trash... It looked pretty nasty.

What can I replace this with? I was thinking some sort of peel and stick closed cell foam? Any suggestions?

Attachments

ford4wd08

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Engine Type
2.8 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
I'll have to snap some pics tonight, but I have been working on this the past couple of evenings.

I have taken masking tape and fiberglass resin t repair the cracked and broken pieces. I plan on using fiberglass cloth on the area that cracked from the back side so they will stay together.

I can't decide if I want to recover it, or pay someone to do it.

I need my XLT door panels recovered as well, they are in good shape, just sun faded from 35 years of southern sunshine....

jjfugler

TRS Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco II
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
The Cologne'
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
I have added DynaMat to my bare roof and will add DynaMat and DynaLiner to my floor once I pull the carpet. Good luck with the headliner board. If you need a replacement I have one spare.

Luc_fraga

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco II
Transmission
Automatic
I have added DynaMat to my bare roof and will add DynaMat and DynaLiner to my floor once I pull the carpet. Good luck with the headliner board. If you need a replacement I have one spare.
Where did you find a spare? I am interested in your spare headliner.

jjfugler

TRS Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco II
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
The Cologne'
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Where did you find a spare? I am interested in your spare headliner.
I bought a donor and it had a better one in it. I really want this other one gone and to someone who can use it. Where are you located? I’m in Baton Rouge but travel quite a bit so could get it to you or close to you depending on your location.

Luc_fraga

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco II
Transmission
Automatic
I bought a donor and it had a better one in it. I really want this other one gone and to someone who can use it. Where are you located? I’m in Baton Rouge but travel quite a bit so could get it to you or close to you depending on your location.
Oof, I’m in Jacksonville area. I don’t really have anyway to meet you. I just putt around the beach in the B2. Thanks anyways tho

jjfugler

TRS Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco II
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
The Cologne'
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Oof, I’m in Jacksonville area. I don’t really have anyway to meet you. I just putt around the beach in the B2. Thanks anyways tho
Jacksonville Florida? Does getting it to Birmingham AL help? Or Savannah Ga?

Luc_fraga

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco II
Transmission
Automatic
Not really, but thank you so much. I’m not very mobile, I’m a full time student.

Austin Hughes

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco II
Transmission
Automatic
Bit late, but is the
Bit late. Is the headliner by chance still available?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals