• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Bronco II explorer questions?

BishNasty

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Hi guys,

I have a stock 5spd 87 bronco II. I'm looking to lift the truck so I want stronger axles, I found a 92 parts explorer for a couple hundred bucks. its got about 200k on it with a rebuilt 4.0 auto trans.

Now my questions are will I be able to use both front and rear axles from the explorer on the bronco? I'm prettty sure its a ttb dana35 in the front I'm not sure what's in the rear. Also will I have any issues with lifting the truck after I do the axle swap? Lastly I was wondering if I wanted to possibly do the 4.0 swap at some point, would it be better to use the one out of the explorer and find a manual trans or just wait till I want to do the swap and go get one from the junk yard with a manual trans?

Anything helps.

Thanks

b2rich

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
whats an engine?
Transmission
Automatic
Hi guys,

I have a stock 5spd 87 bronco II. I'm looking to lift the truck so I want stronger axles, I found a 92 parts explorer for a couple hundred bucks. its got about 200k on it with a rebuilt 4.0 auto trans.

Now my questions are will I be able to use both front and rear axles from the explorer on the bronco? I'm prettty sure its a ttb dana35 in the front I'm not sure what's in the rear. Also will I have any issues with lifting the truck after I do the axle swap? Lastly I was wondering if I wanted to possibly do the 4.0 swap at some point, would it be better to use the one out of the explorer and find a manual trans or just wait till I want to do the swap and go get one from the junk yard with a manual trans?

Anything helps.

Thanks
if you use the search feature, you will see that there are dozens of topics on this. Also the techsec has a shitload of info.
you will also see that you dont need to do stronger axles just to do a lift.

BishNasty

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Okay I'm new to this. I know I don't really need stronger axles but I want to put bigger tires as well.
The thing is with the Dana 28 its like my tires are a "V" shape and its wearing out my tires. Will I have the same problem wither Dana 35?

Thanks again.

b2rich

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
whats an engine?
Transmission
Automatic
alignments do wonders. however; some say that if you go with a mild 2" lift, all you will need is an alingment. I went with new superlift 132s on the front and exploder springs in the rear, still needed to have a radius arm bushing changed out to adjust for the angle.

alot of the guys just do adjustable camber bushings. i tried them, didnt do squat.

if i had to do it all over again, i would of followed the suggestion of many of the peeps on here and just gone with a 4" lift kit that included everything, and called it good.
http://www.jamesoaksenterprises.com/products/skyjacker-b2.htm
Which might still happen.
just my .02 and i could be wrong.:D

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals