• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Bronco 2 rear window options

gwgiants

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco II
Transmission
Manual
1983 through 1990 Bronco II's years, regarding back door rear window options. I want to know, besides a regular solid window. Was there a power rear sliding window option? Or was it just a hydraulic opening rear window? In addition to this subject. rear window wiper option? I'm thinking maybe there was something like this on select XLT's and Eddie Bauer models. These models had the spare tire mounted on the inside driver's side wall in back cargo area.

Any pictures of these variations and sources as to finding these parts, would be greatly appreciated.

Greg

4x4prepper

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
> Was there a power rear sliding window option?

No

> Or was it just a hydraulic opening rear window?

piston gas spring to lift the rear gas, same as the hatch.

> In addition to this subject. rear window wiper option?

Never as far as I know, though you could probably swap an entire Explorer set up including the handle with the key. Never seen a rear defroster.

alwaysFlOoReD

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'91, '80, '06
Make / Model
Ford, GMC,Dodge
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Yes, there are rear window wipers. I have a pic buried deep in one af many hard drives, so likely wont post a pic.

fastpakr

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
285/75-16
I definitely had one with a rear wiper. Pretty sure it was my 84, but it may have been the 86 also.

4x4prepper

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I have owned maybe 6 or so B2 from 1984-1990 and from models XL right up to the (useless) Eddie Bauer edition with the roof console, plus, I worked at a various Ford dealers in parts and as a mechanic and never remember seeing one. I was checking my crash book sheets for the 1980s and 1990s Fords and decided to check my 1990 Ford Sales ordering book and the section for the 1990 Ford Bronco II.

The option weighed 18 pounds and you had to subtract -6 pounds from the front curb weight.

wildbill23c

U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ham Radio Operator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Total Drop
Tire Size
215/70-R14
My credo
19K, 19D, 92Y, 88M, 91F....OIF-III (2004-2005)
There was never a power rear window option like the full size Bronco had, but there was a rear flipper glass option available, and both the flipper glass and fixed glass rear hatches had an optional wiper/washer as well.

My 84 Bronco 2 had the fixed rear glass and no wiper/washer. My 88 Bronco 2 Eddie Bauer has the fixed glass but has the wiper/washer option which doesn't clean the window worth crap anyways, it has some very odd wiper arm which doesn't have enough spring tension to keep the wiper blade in contact with the glass to do much of anything, 100% useless in this configuration LOL.

My 84 Bronco 2 had the spare tire carrier/mount on the inside left of the cargo area. My 88 Bronco 2 has the exterior mounted tire carrier...horrible rattling design that it is, I actually prefer the interior mount better even though it takes up most of your cargo space, its a much quieter ride on rough roads without that exterior tire and carrier assembly flopping around...eventually it'll destroy the rear hatch, and the passenger side quarter panel that its mounted to due to vibration, and the continual bouncing.

bobbywalter

TRS Technical Staff
TRS Event Staff
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Technical Advisor
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ugly Truck of Month
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD mostly
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
BIGGER
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
sawzall?
Tire Size
33-44
My credo
it is easier to fix and understand than "her"
My 90 had a wiper...xlt

bobbywalter

TRS Technical Staff
TRS Event Staff
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Technical Advisor
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ugly Truck of Month
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD mostly
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
BIGGER
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
sawzall?
Tire Size
33-44
My credo
it is easier to fix and understand than "her"
There was never a power rear window option like the full size Bronco had, but there was a rear flipper glass option available, and both the flipper glass and fixed glass rear hatches had an optional wiper/washer as well.

My 84 Bronco 2 had the fixed rear glass and no wiper/washer. My 88 Bronco 2 Eddie Bauer has the fixed glass but has the wiper/washer option which doesn't clean the window worth crap anyways, it has some very odd wiper arm which doesn't have enough spring tension to keep the wiper blade in contact with the glass to do much of anything, 100% useless in this configuration LOL.

My 84 Bronco 2 had the spare tire carrier/mount on the inside left of the cargo area. My 88 Bronco 2 has the exterior mounted tire carrier...horrible rattling design that it is, I actually prefer the interior mount better even though it takes up most of your cargo space, its a much quieter ride on rough roads without that exterior tire and carrier assembly flopping around...eventually it'll destroy the rear hatch, and the passenger side quarter panel that its mounted to due to vibration, and the continual bouncing.

Make a real beefy exterior mount unit.

honda34dad

Reaction score
I stole a rear hatch off of a Bronco 2 and the rear glass flips up. The weather seal between the hatch and the glass has shrunk overtime and is about 1.5" - 2" too short now. There is a gap. Anyone know where or how to find a new seal or what the correct term to call it is? I have looked through Rockauto as well as google and am not coming up with anything. The closest I can find is a door seal that is the same idea as the glass weather stripping.

honda34dad

Reaction score
And here I was thinking Rockauto was the go to. LMC had it, helped me find it on the phone, cause I couldn’t online, and it is on the way… GO LMC!!! Glad to have another parts source!

ford4wd08

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Engine Type
2.8 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
And here I was thinking Rockauto was the go to. LMC had it, helped me find it on the phone, cause I couldn’t online, and it is on the way… GO LMC!!! Glad to have another parts source!
LMC is not the most cost effective, or the most user friendly website, but they do have a lot of oddball stuff that you can't find anywhere else.

They have been putting out catalogs for a long time. I would recommend getting on their mailing list and getting a copy of it, it is definitely easier to navigate.

4x4prepper

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
> My 84 Bronco 2 had the spare tire carrier/mount on the inside left of the cargo area.

The 1985 B2 I currently have, has the inside spare tire mount on the left side, the swinging tailgate mounted tire (looks factory), and the flip up glass. No way to lock the vehicle unless you chain the swinging tire carrier to the hatch, which I have done. Off course the aluminum handle has corroded off and broken an 1" from the hatch latch.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals