• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Broken arm rest, front seat, 1991 ranger

tekkatekka

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford ranger
Transmission
Manual
The drivers seat on my 1991 ranger has a padded arm rest that can be lifted up so that a third passenger could sit in the front. It swivels up and down by attaching to the seat. Something inside the seat has broken so that the arm rest just flops around and does not even swivel properly. Seems like the part that the swivel attaches to has broken. Before I take the drivers seat out and apart I would like to know if anyone has had this problem and what they did to fix it. This is my main vehicle and I can't disable it too long. Thanks.

scrapper

Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
1975 302
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
6+3
Tire Size
33/12.50/15
It's held on with one bolt if I remember right. You don't have to take the seat out. I think I unzipped the cover to get to the bolt

James Morse

1997 XLT 4.0L 4x4 1999 Mazda B3000 2wd
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997 and 1999
Make / Model
XLT 4x4 & B3000
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0L in XLT, 3.0L in B3000
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31x10.5-15 K02's on the Ranger, 235/75R15 on Mazda
My credo
The perfect is the enemy of the good.
Don't forget Mazda seats will fit cuz they is Ford akshewelly.
I think you can put a passenger seat (usually will be less worn) on the driver side, only thing is the release lever will be on the right, however that does have the advantage, maybe, that you won't catch stuff on it.
The link they just gave you probably has all the info.
Seems like in later (say '06-09) in the Mazdas esp. B4000 you see buckets a lot. They might have been standard... I'm having a hard time finding options lists for the Mazdas, but clearly the later B4000 were 'loaded' there were very few options - you got 4.0L, 4x4, etc, so kind of like a loaded XLT. Priced accordingly.... and they aren't deals today either.
Will be interested to know how it goes.
Don't know if Mazda fits '91 that's pretty early they might not have even been around in the US.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals