• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Bringin back the Americas Supercar.

kissofdeathracing

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
agreed!

you realize that the gt and the gt40 only share appearance, absolutely nothing else is even remotely similar... and that ford legally can't even use the gt40 name anymore? even though they did call the gt's concepts and prototypes in the early 2000's the gt40

like i said though, it's not the same car in any way shape or form, other than that the resemblance, which is actually not that close if you actually look at it, and the mid engine setup
I kno i was meaning looks wise i like the original le mans look the best and then the last versions looks come a distant second to me. I read Shelbys Wildlife which is a great book and love how he was basically told make it look sexy and fast cuz aero was rather new at the time. But like i said i dontike the concepts looks just my thoughts

--weezl--

June 2011 OTOTM Winner
Law Enforcement
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
How is it that ford cant legally use the gt40name ever again? They've killed lots of names just to bring them back a few years later.
because they don't own the name any more, they sold it in the 80's to a 3rd party company, who made parts for the gt40, and kit cars, if i remember correctly, then they sold it to another company who was going to license it back to ford for the gt, (which is why the gt was named the gt40/gt43 for the concept) however negotiations ceased before it got to production, and ford was stuck picking a new name, (gt)

Why in the world do you need 4 turbo chargers to make 720 hp? You can get that naturally aspirated.

Frank
because that's the motor that the gt90 "has" and it's pretty epic... quad turbo v12? sounds like we need to get Tom in here to make a gt12-4t

I kno i was meaning looks wise i like the original le mans look the best and then the last versions looks come a distant second to me. I read Shelbys Wildlife which is a great book and love how he was basically told make it look sexy and fast cuz aero was rather new at the time. But like i said i dontike the concepts looks just my thoughts
yeah, i don't like any of those 3 cars either...

Original_Ranger84

TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984, 1999
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8L, 3.0L
Transmission
Manual
They say the same thing about the new focus, but in all reality if you remember Ford used to own Aston Martin. So I think it's ok if they resemble a little. Just my .02
Yeah I know they did thats actually why I figured it looked like that. If only they could replicate the sound.

--weezl--

June 2011 OTOTM Winner
Law Enforcement
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
there are a few cars who have sounds that i don't think should be changed,

anything shelby, sounds amazing (though i don't like the gr-1's sound) ford v8's for the most part, the sound of a nice cruiser motorcycle with loud mufflers (NOT straightpipes) and inifnity's yes, i love the sound of the infinity accelerating...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTLIdKEkinA

kissofdeathracing

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I think a V8 Turbo Diesel sounds amazing with straight pipes :p and i love the sound of a big block

Original_Ranger84

TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984, 1999
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8L, 3.0L
Transmission
Manual
I think my favorite motor noise has got to be the 6.0L powerstroke with straight pipes and that turbo whine. Always puts a huge grin on my face till it shuts off.

ranger_mclaren

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1995/02
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3/2.0
Transmission
Automatic
I think my favorite motor noise has got to be the 6.0L powerstroke with straight pipes and that turbo whine. Always puts a huge grin on my face till it shuts off.
Yea I love the sound of a powerstoke when you rev it real high then let off quickly and you hear the turbos hssss. But next to that would be the sound of a boxer motor on a Subi STI.

ranger_mclaren

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1995/02
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3/2.0
Transmission
Automatic
Why in the world do you need 4 turbo chargers to make 720 hp? You can get that naturally aspirated.

Frank
The bugatii veyron has four turbos on a W12 and it makes 1100hp and 1000 Lbs Tq.

backroad101

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L OHV
Transmission
Automatic
there are a few cars who have sounds that i don't think should be changed,

anything shelby, sounds amazing (though i don't like the gr-1's sound) ford v8's for the most part, the sound of a nice cruiser motorcycle with loud mufflers (NOT straightpipes) and inifnity's yes, i love the sound of the infinity accelerating...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTLIdKEkinA

Agreed. The FX35/FX37 and G35/G37 coupe (and 350z/370z) has what i think is the best V6 exhaust out there

--weezl--

June 2011 OTOTM Winner
Law Enforcement
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
my 4L sohc, with a magna flow actually has that sound a little... not nearly as sweet as the infinity though

CHKNFKR

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
545 CID
Transmission
Manual
The bugatii veyron has four turbos on a W12 and it makes 1100hp and 1000 Lbs Tq.
These are the numbers i'm shooting for with a naturally aspirated 545....

Original_Ranger84

TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984, 1999
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8L, 3.0L
Transmission
Manual
Yea I love the sound of a powerstoke when you rev it real high then let off quickly and you hear the turbos hssss. But next to that would be the sound of a boxer motor on a Subi STI.
Yeah tose sound pretty good but being in Alaska I hear them like 50 times a day so it kinda loses its coolness for me.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Probably hard to hear on a truck and maybe a VGT wouldn't do it anyway, but a turbo downspooling after the engine is shut off sounds really cool.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals