• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

brand new Bosch 130 amp alternator blew fuse and crapped out?

Eddo Rogue

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger 4x4
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
OHV
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
skyjacker front leveling kit
Tire Size
31-10.50R15
My credo
Crossed threads are tight threads.
Dammit everything is chinesium these days....Even modern steel aint what it used to be....I got some vintage axes, and something about that old steel, it really sharpens up nice and holds an edge unlike even the higher quality axes out there nowadays. I have a stihl splitters, estwing camp axe, and gransfors hatchet, none as impressive as my vintage axe heads. I wont even look at big box store axes...Maybe Im a snob when it comes to axes, but Im no axehole.

Eddo Rogue

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger 4x4
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
OHV
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
31-10.50R15
My credo
As a matter of fact, my ex was chinesium, I returned her.

RonD

Official TRS AI
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I get my alternators from the wrecking yard, I guess I just have good luck with them, last one for my 1994 Ranger was put in, must be 7 years ago, and still ticking, knock on wood, lol

I don't have anything against Chinese parts they are built to the spec of the company that ordered them, so if its cheap then it was built cheap

Most automakers parts are made outside of the US, but to their specs, and they can last

Eddo Rogue

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger 4x4
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
OHV
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
31-10.50R15
My credo
I get my alternators from the wrecking yard, I guess I just have good luck with them, last one for my 1994 Ranger was put in, must be 7 years ago, and still ticking, knock on wood, lol

I don't have anything against Chinese parts they are built to the spec of the company that ordered them, so if its cheap then it was built cheap

Most automakers parts are made outside of the US, but to their specs, and they can last
Hmm I am not far from a junkyard maybe perhaps I should try my luck....

And ya me either, I know there is quality chinese made stuff, but not here, because we dont want it....They just make and send what we ask them to, which is cheapest possible....its our demands they are simply supplying.

I just wish it wasn't so hard to find good quality/made in USA (or Japan or Germany or Italy etc) stuff...Like you cant just walk into a retail store and find shelves and racks of Snap On or Matco. Ill gladly pay a c note for a fine tooth ratchet that works great and never fails, than ten bucks for one that will be a struggle to work with, and probably break when I need it most. The coolest Knipex stuff I've seen was at an hvac supply store.

big box hardware stores carry all junk,the smaller ones will have better quality stuff of actual hardware, like say gate hinges. Mom and pop shops, or legit dealer stores will carry the good stuff, though the latter usually requires a commercial account of some sort.

Thankfully, good beer, liquor and guns is not hard to find.

Last edited:

Eddo Rogue

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger 4x4
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
OHV
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
31-10.50R15
My credo
PJ just made a post about this...Im ranting over there as we speak lol

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals