• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Bought another Ranger!!

Psychopete

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
There was an Arizona Ranger that came up for sale last year, CLEAN, but I missed out on the opportunity. Guy who owns it now told me last night he'll sell it to me for what he's got into it.... ($570) :D So I took my own advice and committed to buy the truck with the features I want. It's got a flat tire and runs like shit, but I have fun fixing turds.

It's a 1984 2wd Ranger, White, Std Cab, Short Bed
2.3L
Manual Windows
Manual Steering
Manual Brakes
Manual Transmission
No Factory A/C
(my kind of truck!)

The only thing I don't like about is that it's a short bed and not a long bed.

So I am looking at getting rid of the Ranger I have now, I feel bad because my dad gave it to me 10 years go, but this just makes a lot more sense financially (he can have it back if he REALLY wants it..)

This truck is going to solve a lot of problems and I am going to get a lot closer to having the truck I want. My original truck was auto, so i went AOD, but I wanted a 5spd from the beginning and too expensive at the time to convert over. I have 2 AODs that I am going to try and sell to get enough cash for a T-5 (come pick up an AOD 85_Ranger4x4 LOL I have 3 setting on my garage floor). Gets rid of the lokar kick down cable and the "not so friendly" SRK-4000 bracket. Also getting rid of the 164 tooth bell and I might change to tri-y headers instead of the hedman 89500s I am running now.

I am carb in an EFI truck using the stock pumps, now I can easily switch over to a single inline pump, then I can get rid of that return style regulator and adapter fittings to EFI fuel line spring-loks.

Going to think about trying to adapt power brakes, but the manual steering stays. Free up an accessory. The surp belt I have is just .5"-1" too short, so I will get this addressed now. Hopefully I can arrange things to fit in an electric fan and toss my flex fan.

This also gives me another chance to get rid of the AA adapter plates I used and will be using Mustang Vert mounts.

Will have to have the drive shaft adjusted, but worth it.

The body on this thing is WORLDS cleaner that mine, I will post pics of the differences as soon as he drives it over here! :headbang:

Ranger Sport Honduras

Zoom Zoom
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mitsubishi/Ford
Engine Size
3.0/2.3
My credo
Fortune Favors the Brave

nitrofan1

Man without a Ranger
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Subaru
Engine Size
EJ251
Transmission
Automatic
Lay's potato chips, crack, women & Rangers. What do these have in common?

bobbywalter

TRS Technical Staff
TRS Event Staff
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Technical Advisor
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ugly Truck of Month
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD mostly
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
BIGGER
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
sawzall?
Tire Size
33-44
My credo
it is easier to fix and understand than "her"
dude. you killing me.

hopster

Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9, 4.0, 5.0 can't decide
Transmission
Manual
Lay's potato chips, crack, women & Rangers. What do these have in common?
its waaaay to easy to get carried away with any of them

Psychopete

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
LOL it's actually an '87 with a 2.0L. It's a smoker. Need some rain from what it looks like, holy crap my grass is dead. Thing is clean though!

Ranger Sport Honduras

Zoom Zoom
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mitsubishi/Ford
Engine Size
3.0/2.3
My credo
Fortune Favors the Brave
looks strong! nice find.

Psychopete

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Thanks! The body is anyway! LOL The engine is another story! Just hard find these trucks here this clean that are completely factory. They puts lots of salt down on the roads here in the winter, it is brutal on everything. But did start ripping my 5.0L out of my other truck last night and I have a long way to go on this thing, lots planned. Hopefully next summer if will be back on the streets, but it was sad ripping it all apart again.

doorgunner

Lab Rat for V.A. hospital
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
2009 Truck of The Year
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
New Orleans (8' below sea level & sinking)
Vehicle Year
1934/1989
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
350+1
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
N/A
Total Drop
3/4
Tire Size
23570R15
My credo
JESUS Loves Ya!
OLD IRON !!! Good to see you're saving it from the crusher.....

nine-teen91stxranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1991, 1977
Make / Model
Ford, Ford
Engine Size
245 cid of fury, 6.6l
Transmission
Manual
god damn... that thing is clean. i was suprised how clean my 91' is for a rust belt state. only rust is slight surface rust in the doorjam. getting fixed this fall, and no frame rot because of zebart undercoating :icon_thumby:

Psychopete

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Thanks! Truck is eventually going to get painted. A friend of mine that I've known for the past 13 years paints and is going to give me a great deal, he is happy that I bought it and it is going to save a lot of time and money on what I was going to do anyway. Thinking about light/medium metallic gray, seems like a dark color won't look all that great, but just opinion. Don't want anything extreme, cheap is good too. :D Truck is getting 3/4 drop, already have the beams ready to go in with new ball joints, need djm shocks and flip kit. Future plans for the rear end, I can only afford to do so much at a time..

I am officially no longer part of the V8 RBV Group. :) Engine is pretty much out, I need to pull it, but I have no room to put it. I have updated my profile with my current setup. Hit me today how much work I have a head of me, lots of plans for this thing! But should be a nice truck once it's said and done. :D

jarfly

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
I hate you..lol No but really I can't find a clean first gen 2wd to save my life, for cheap any how. Been looking for a wile to do a sfbd on one. Nice score any how good luck with the old gal!

Ak_Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
wow, that thing brings back memories!!! It looks Identical to my first Truck, a 84 2.0L and your truck looks exactly the same, except with a little bit less rust haha.

DHEM

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Nice find, next to impossible to find one in that good of shape up here.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals