• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

bought an ecoboost today...

snake

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I feel a little like I've betrayed my ranger, but at least I didn't go over to the dirtyside and buy a tax-money vehicle from dodge or chebby. 2011 f-150 super crew with the 6 speed auto in grey, 3:55 limited slip rear. Had 17 miles on it when I picked 'er up, and got 10 grand off sticker. I still have the ranger so now its time to sell my baby. She has been so loyal over the 9 years I've owned her and racked up 117,000 miles. Still looks and drives great. Hope the new one is as reliable.

Sunk

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.5 Eco
Transmission
Automatic

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
yeah. pics man, pics... YOU KNOW THIS!!!

nine-teen91stxranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1991, 1977
Make / Model
Ford, Ford
Engine Size
245 cid of fury, 6.6l
Transmission
Manual
like today as in 7/13 or today as in 7/14? lol cause if you have dealers open 24/7. thats just messed up.

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
we had a salesman at the local ford place at one time that would answer his cell phone anytime, and would meet you at the dealer at any time. he had a little mobile office, that way he had access to it at all times..

nine-teen91stxranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1991, 1977
Make / Model
Ford, Ford
Engine Size
245 cid of fury, 6.6l
Transmission
Manual
2:18 a.m., salesmans bed room. * ring... ring...* wife "honey, your phones ringing" *ring... ring* salesman "bullsh*t" wife "PICK UP YOUR DAMN PHONE" salesman "hello?"
person on phone " dealership now" blah blah blah, half hour later at the dealership, can i take the brand new gt500 for a test drive? sure... he's tired and delusional, forgets to get insurance and drivers lisence. person drives car off never to be seen again... lol

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
hahahaha lol.

so where's the pics of the f150!

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
I want a real V8 in my trucks if I ever get another full size rig. But, 4 Wheeler mag is building an Ecoboost and they lopped of a small section of the bed and put it together. They have a custom made front bumper they are welding together and have rock rails mounted on it. It should be a nice looking truck when it is done. Check out the last two issues and see what they have done so far. I can't wait to see how it will look with the new paint.
I do not like the factory Ford options of paint so far. Nothing makes me say 'Cool'. My wife and I drove one last month and we were not happy with it. I guess we expected much more. It is a big truck and I would rally rather have the V8....now in a small truck this would be fine with me. Yes Sir, I would like one in a new Ranger...but ain't gonna happen!!!! Raptor, hmmmm, I want one but I am gonna pay that price for one.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I want a real V8 in my trucks if I ever get another full size rig. But, 4 Wheeler mag is building an Ecoboost and they lopped of a small section of the bed and put it together. They have a custom made front bumper they are welding together and have rock rails mounted on it. It should be a nice looking truck when it is done. Check out the last two issues and see what they have done so far. I can't wait to see how it will look with the new paint.
I do not like the factory Ford options of paint so far. Nothing makes me say 'Cool'. My wife and I drove one last month and we were not happy with it. I guess we expected much more. It is a big truck and I would rally rather have the V8....now in a small truck this would be fine with me. Yes Sir, I would like one in a new Ranger...but ain't gonna happen!!!! Raptor, hmmmm, I want one but I am gonna pay that price for one.
Black works for me, and they will never get rid of it. :yahoo:

RavoHimself

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
should have got the 3.7 motor if you were going for a v6. more power and a bit better mpg

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
should have got the 3.7 motor if you were going for a v6. more power and a bit better mpg
:icon_confused:

Twin turbo's usually help in both departments.

BTW the EB is rated right up there with the 6.2 big block for power, and gets twice the milage it does. Rated something like 23mpg it would be hard for a NA engine of about the same displacement to touch it, and really it isn't of an expensive engine option either.

My brother asked one of the salesman at work how the 3.7's selling, response was "they are selling?" EB and 5.0 is king.

Last edited:

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
Black works for me, and they will never get rid of it. :yahoo:
Black is cool but it is so hard to maintain a black vehical. I have had a few black vehicals and I know for a fact about that. But, black is so sexy and cool!!

LearjetMinako

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L 140ci
Transmission
Manual
I feel a little like I've betrayed my ranger, but at least I didn't go over to the dirtyside and buy a tax-money vehicle from dodge or chebby. 2011 f-150 super crew with the 6 speed auto in grey, 3:55 limited slip rear. Had 17 miles on it when I picked 'er up, and got 10 grand off sticker. I still have the ranger so now its time to sell my baby. She has been so loyal over the 9 years I've owned her and racked up 117,000 miles. Still looks and drives great. Hope the new one is as reliable.
Tell you what, leave your Ranger in my drive way and keys under my front door mat. Make an appointment and I will even give you a ride home.:D

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Black is cool but it is so hard to maintain a black vehical. I have had a few black vehicals and I know for a fact about that. But, black is so sexy and cool!!
I have had two so far, fairly easy to keep a 20' shine on it. Impossible to keep clean up close though. My green Ranger isn't a whole lot better aside from having no clear coat so it is almost always dull/scummy looking up close anyway.

But no color other than white, gray or tan is really easy though... and I don't care for white, gray or tan.

snake

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Tell you what, leave your Ranger in my drive way and keys under my front door mat. Make an appointment and I will even give you a ride home.:D
Ha, I hear ya. Cleaned out the ranger today, going to replace the inner tie rods to get rid of a little slow speed rattling up front and put 'er on the auction block. I'll post pics soon... been kinda busy so u know how that goes. And a 3.7? WTF? If it weren't for that EB engine I would have never bought a new truck... well that, and getting 10K off sticker.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals