• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Bones Bronk

BONES

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
gt40 5L
Transmission
Automatic
Hello!!

I finally bit the bullet and joined you...the largest RBV site on the net!

I figured it was time to graduate from years of lurking on here to become a member and join the ranks.

My friends call me Bones, and I wheel an 86 Bronco II Eddie Bauer. My now wife bought the Deuce for a DD before we met and continued to drive it untill 2001 when it started to get tired. We purchased a new car at that time so the Bronco was parked in the back yard for several years with the plans in my head to one day transform it into a formidable wheeling machine.

The years went by as I wheeled my 68 Land Rover Hybrid, this rig I still have and it's in currently under the knife yet again. It has a 350/th400/np205 twin stick conversion, leaf over on Yota diffs Lincoln locked front and rear with 4.37 gears and 40" Gumbos, snorkel and yada yada yada, you get the picture.

As the Bronco sat in the back yard I formulated a plan as to what I wanted to do to her when the time came. Then one day I came across a 92Explorer EB for the right price and the transformation began.

I swapped out everything for Explorer parts, diffs, engine, dash, steering system, braking system, suspension, complete wiring harness, you name it it was swapped.

I did the swap and added a body lift and some front coil spacers and threw on a set of 35" TSL's on the stock BII EB alloys with some moderate fender trimming to mostly clear the tires.

I wheeled it this way for a few years and then got to the point of needing to rebuild the front TTB d35, it was in my best interest to locate a front hp d44 solid axle as it would cost roughly the same to rebuild and swap that in as it would to re-do the TTB.

Then I came across a full width 76f100 hpd44 and a month later came across an full width 80 f150 31 spline 9" rear axle.

I built a long arm front suspension and added 3" blocks to the rear Explorer leafs, fixed a body sagging problem and as I was getting close to getting it all buttoned up I came across a set of brand new 38" TSL's on a set of white spoke 15x8's with the 5 on 5.5 bp so I jumped on them. Trimmed some more front fender and installed a set of rubber home made flares and started wheeling the wee out of her. And here we are today.

Started with a stock 86 EB BII pictured here with 92 Explorer donor rig.

Then once the swap had been complete and sitting on 35's.

This is how she looks now after the full width SAS and sitting on 38's.

And there you have a lengthy introduction and the evolution of our 86 Bronco II.

Since I have learned a lot lurking on here and other related boards, I hope to give back to this community and contribute where I can.:icon_cheers:

Andres629

Article Contributor
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1985/91
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 screamer
Transmission
Automatic
Wow, that thing is so awesome!
Welcome.

COPPERHEAD85

V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Nice rig!
Stinger bar looks sweet.You make it?

Tommy

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Truck looks beasty!

BONES

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
gt40 5L
Transmission
Automatic
Thanks for the warm welcome!!

Yes I built the stinger, I built everything on her.

I have never really been a buy it and bolt it on kinda guy, for parts that I can fab and build more to my liking.

I do indeed have LOTS of pics from the beginning till now, well over a thousand pics actually lol, and at least a 3rd of them are useful. ;o)

I was thinking about doing up a build thread on here but that will take time to sort through and post.

I'll see what I can get started on in the RBV under construction board.

Last edited:

Andres629

Article Contributor
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1985/91
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 screamer
Transmission
Automatic
Post a link up in here if you start one!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals