• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

bolt in cage for ext cab

steve manley

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Anybody know of a quality bolt in cage for a 92 ext cab? Autopower makes scca bolt ins for r/r cars but nothing for rangers. Thanks for the help

Downey

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual

_Kyle_

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
Jeg's has a cage that's prebent but requires welding.

steve manley

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
cage

Thanks, but it's got to be a bolt in. You'd think someone would make a quality bolt in as many Rangers there are.

Downey

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
dude a bolt together cage isnt going to be as strong as a weld in cage. i dont understand why you want a bolt in cage. whats the big deal with welding one in. you do know you cant just bolt it to the floor of your truck you need to tie it into the frame.

steve manley

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
i am aware of the mechanics of fabrication. The problem is that this job is way far down the list and a bolt in would be better than nothing. You could always suppliment a bolt in, welded joints, more bars, tied in to the frame , etc. for the best example of a incorrectly installed bolt in is on goggle under "incorrectly installed bolt in" I believe. it's a road race mustang rolling a turn and punching the plates thru the floor boards. both guys lived but the body pancaked.

884x4ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ranger 4x4
Engine Size
2.9l
Transmission
Manual
i am aware of the mechanics of fabrication. The problem is that this job is way far down the list and a bolt in would be better than nothing. You could always suppliment a bolt in, welded joints, more bars, tied in to the frame , etc. for the best example of a incorrectly installed bolt in is on goggle under "incorrectly installed bolt in" I believe. it's a road race mustang rolling a turn and punching the plates thru the floor boards. both guys lived but the body pancaked.
a bolt in cage is not always better than nothing. one of the bolted in tubes could come loose in a hard enough roll over and then that tube can injure you or your passenger. also a rollover in road racing and prerunning are completly different with different forces going into the roll cage

rngrracing96

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
2.9 EFI
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
33x10.5x15
Anyone know if the Jegs cage is any good? i was looking into it.

TayCo 7s

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
personally i would pay somebody to fab it...
that way they can really hug the inside panels of the truck and take up less space...

rngrracing96

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
2.9 EFI
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
33x10.5x15
yeh thata what i figured thanks

steve manley

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
hey tay co, did you use f150 spindles? Are you using the f150 beam or modifying the stock beam? I think a f150 spindle would be just the thing to cure my fear of breaking a spindle. I would like to use a full size truck beam to get the equal length and the new width. I just can't see chunking so much money for a wide long travel front end. I think one couild be done using stock parts(not radius beams) The jegs cage comes long so it can be fitted tight. If it came notched on one end that would be a help. I guess I should give them a call to find exactly what the specs are. any insite is helpfull..

TayCo 7s

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
yeah stock ranger beams they are only reinforced.. the spindles are cut and welded to fit the ranger i beam.. if youre scared of breaking a spindle i dont know how much better you can feel with one that has been cut and welded hahahaha

steve manley

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I guess I could cyro treat the stockers. I think a cxomplete f150 front end is the way to god

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals