• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Body mounts

mylittleblackbird

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Pontiac
Engine Size
4.6L 3.8L 2.8L
Body mounts(LMC question)

Well, I'm trying to bring my newly acquired 84 back to life. Upon inspection of the vehicle that has actually been resting since June 2001, I've noted a few holes in the "bed". I would like to patch these shut. Additionally, I noted at least one mounting point on the body to frame that has rust around it, as well as a drain hole. Rusted enough that I poked a hole through it with my knife.

Tips, tricks or suggestions to get around this and make it work? I was considering a steel plate and a square tube welded over the rusty location to reinforce it, then cover it with some sort of sealant to prevent further destruction.

Thanks

Last edited:

06RangerXLT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
you have to cut out any damaged metal and replace it. you have to cut back to solid metal to do it properly. theres no covering it and sealing it.

mylittleblackbird

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Pontiac
Engine Size
4.6L 3.8L 2.8L
But this process is not impossible?

06RangerXLT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
nope. cut out anything rusted, replace with fresh metal. search, its done often.

Last edited:

mylittleblackbird

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Pontiac
Engine Size
4.6L 3.8L 2.8L
Alright, my searching has brought me to a company called LMC. I'm interested in the floor pans, and I'm curious if anyone here has purchased any. If so, I want to know if they have the mounting points for the body to the frame?

I'll call anyhow... I would think the company selling it would know what it has.

Last edited:

mylittleblackbird

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Pontiac
Engine Size
4.6L 3.8L 2.8L
Well, the person I talked to at LMC either didn't understand my question or simply didn't know the answer.

Has anyone bought floor pans from LMC?

jonsranger

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
the floor pans I'm not sure about, but the body mount brackets, they do not sell, you'll either have to make them, or steal some off a doner vehicle, though a lot of junk yards won't pull them for you or let you have the right tools to take them off yourself. You can find some after market body mount brackets on ebay, but they are heavy duty and expensive.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals