• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Body Lift 2008 Ford Ranger

mitch4x4

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I am considering doing a body lift to my 2008 ranger, I searched for some facts but came up with very few. I have a few questions..

Does the body lift come with ALL the bumper relocation brackets?

Will I still be able to use my tow hooks or will they have to come off?

And with it being an automatic do I have to lengthen anything with the linkage or steering? Also what about the brake lines?

I have always HATED body lifts, but they are cheap and pretty simple so I may give it a ago before my suspension lift.

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
Wow, a lot of those questions depend on specifics like brand and size of the lift. No, not all come with the brackets, most do.

Tow hooks have generally been problematic in the threads I've seen. I don't remember how they were dealt with. I don't think it was the ability to put them on so much as the gap.

The need to lengthen things like the selector cable and steering shaft will depend on the size of the lift.

Now, what are you trying to accomplish with this lift? If you just want appearance of height or bigger tires, they are ok. If you want any sort of off-road improvement you are wasting money. I personally am considering a 1" for both of mine just to get a hair more space to get the trans in and out with.

mitch4x4

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I am going for a good look right now, I don't rock crawl or any real heavy off roading. Also the pure ease of working on anything with a body lift is something else I thought of to. I was thinking the average 3 inch body lift I think summit sells them among other places.

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
From what I have heard Performance Accessories is the best bang for your buck (or your loonie in Canadia) on body lifts. I think you can get those from Summit, JC Whitney, or direct from PA.

MountainMike

Article Contributor
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
245 CID
Transmission
Automatic
Total Lift
2"
Tire Size
31"
My credo
The fun begins where the pavement ends
The performance accessories kit it your best bet. It should come with both brackets, also it will have a bracket for your transmission cable. It will also have a steering column extension. The brake lines will have enough flex in them to not be a concern.

It is possible to run your tow hooks but you have to cut some pretty honking holes in your valence to keep them.

The best way to get one in Canada is find a store in your town that deals with Grandwest Enterprises in Saskatchewan. They distribute them and it would save you huge shipping expenses and customs charges.

maclgallant

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0l
Transmission
Manual
mitch try Revive Auto here in NB 506-855-9405
they deal with NTWonline in the states, they pick up there parts every 2 weeks from there, i remember asking them about body lifts and was 300$, they dealt with another brand i had not herd of, who made custom body lifts, i guess uses better materiels

anyways revive auto has great prices, and great service

mitch4x4

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Thanks for the info!, I will give them a try. It looks like a hassle putting one in, but I think it will be worth it.

maclgallant

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0l
Transmission
Manual
they quoted me 2-3 hours 4 tops for install!!, which is really good, and there rate is 52$ an hour, ... don't' bother with gap guards, there's plenty how to's

Kevin's the owner, and if you speak to Ashley that's his daughter, really down to earth people,

there prices are both cheaper than action trucks and national 4wd

mitch4x4

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Wow that is cheap, around here 65-70 dollars an hr is the going rate and private shops! I just sent them an email asking about a body lift. I think I will go this route first then if I can get it installed. I don't mind the trek up there for those kinda prices.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals