• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Bikers

erocka1982

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
im kinda new to riding. ive only been a "legal" rider for a couple years and always had junk bikes. well, a few weeks ago i decided to get something a little nicer and bought this suzuki volusia. ive done a couple things to it. i smoked out the turn signals, put an HID headlight in it, put some custom mirrors on it(not in the pic). i really want to put some drag bars on it and maybe some risers but i dont know how to choose the right ones for me and the bike. i know their 1 inch bars but i guess i dont know how to choose the right ones. do i just roll the dice and quit being a sissy and just buy some already? any suggestions?

Southern_Trendkill

U.S. Military - Active
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1961, 2010
Make / Model
Mercury, Mitsub
Engine Size
144 "Thriftpower", 2.4 MIVEC
Transmission
Manual
Go to a motorcycle parts store that you like, and ask them to help you find a pair. They should be able to help you pick out a set that will meet your needs, and you can probably take them out to the bike to see how you like them on it.

A good relationship with your local parts store does wonders.

erocka1982

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
10/4 i just want to make sure that i make a smart decision. i like to tear apart my truck, but bikes are new to me! lol

351Mazda

U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Transmission
Automatic
You might be able to ride to a shop and try out bars there. Take yours off at the shop and just hold a few differant ones in front of the bike to see which one you like. Then I bought new bars for my Sportster I went to the Harley shop and bought 4 different ones, then took them home and set them on the risers to see which ones looked good and were most comfortable. One word of advise, your bars now are more comfortable than drag bars. I had mine on for about 4 or 5 years then ended up putting the stockers back on.

erocka1982

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
thanks for the advice. comfort is a big issue, im just lookin for that custom look

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals