• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Big Boy Pants

superj

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ranger edge
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
3 liters of tire smoking power
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
none
Total Drop
none
Tire Size
235s
My credo
Grew up in the 70s, 80s, and 90s
those guy from mexico drive through the neighborhoods here and stop and knock at houses where the cars tires are going low and have cobwebs on them. they offer 200 bucks, take it or leave it. people sell all the time for 200 to those guys but when i ask and offer a decent price because i actually like the vehicle and will fix it, they say no, i am going to fix it sometime. i always want to hit them with a bat when i come back and they tell me they sold it to the guys from mexico for 200

sgtsandman

Aircraft Fuel Tank Diver
TRS Forum Moderator
U.S. Military - Active
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Ham Radio Operator
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2011/2019
Make / Model
Ranger XLT/FX4
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC/2.3 Ecoboost
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Pre-2008 lift/Stock
Tire Size
31X10.5R15/265/65R17
Actually sold the wife's car to a immigrant couple. She had been here about a month and couldn't do much English. Her boyfriend had been here longer and spoke pretty good.

Very nice, they work at a hog confinement and were tired of having to bum rides. She is a vet there, not sure what he did.

They actually walked halfway across town in winter to look at the car.
You're typing poorly like me. Stop it!

Last edited by a moderator:

sgtsandman

Aircraft Fuel Tank Diver
TRS Forum Moderator
U.S. Military - Active
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Ham Radio Operator
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2011/2019
Make / Model
Ranger XLT/FX4
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC/2.3 Ecoboost
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Pre-2008 lift/Stock
Tire Size
31X10.5R15/265/65R17
We have some southern border immigrants here as well but they don't seem to be wide spread yet. As to whether they are legal or not, I couldn't tell you since I haven't had any dealings with them. Not being able to speak English here has never been a big deal with how big the immigrant population from mainly Eastern Europe and Italy is. While less and less common now, hearing broken English from an older Hunky or Italian was very common. Heck, the local family diner is owned and run by a Greek family and they are very hard to understand as well.

Roert42

RBV's on Boost
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger XLT
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Not many people around here that don’t speak English, I’m sure they mainly keep to themselves in their own communities.

I worked in a couple factories around LosAngeles area where there were only a couple of people that could actually speak English. Someone had to go find the plant engineer every time I needed something.

I read a newspaper today. Saying the Mayor of DC is very angry about all the Immigrants being bussed up from Texas and Arizona. Claiming there is nowhere to put them all, and there is not enough people to help process them. They are soaking up all the resources needed to help out their own homeless population. Ect.

It’s a bit fucked up playing political games like this, but it makes a very good point. I think it’s going over peoples heads unfortunately. If you don’t want all these random people showing up on your doorstep, what makes you think anyone else does

Last edited:

sgtsandman

Aircraft Fuel Tank Diver
TRS Forum Moderator
U.S. Military - Active
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Ham Radio Operator
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2011/2019
Make / Model
Ranger XLT/FX4
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC/2.3 Ecoboost
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Pre-2008 lift/Stock
Tire Size
31X10.5R15/265/65R17
It’s always fine when it’s someone else’s neighborhood but as soon as it’s their’s, they change their tune.

That thinking goes for a lot of things like various power generation facilities (pick one coal, solar, wind farm, nuclear, etc) as an example but a lot of examples could be picked for that.

Uncle Gump

Token Old Guy
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2006/1986
Make / Model
Ranger/BroncoII
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC/2.9L
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Lead follow or get out of my way
The southern boarder is really a matter of national security. The cartels are making billions... human trafficking being a decent percentage of it. Not to mention the drugs they're bringing right now is astronomical. They've brought enough fentenayl to kill the entire US population several times over. It all comes from China I might add.

The world has changed... I kinda feel like we're sitting ducks.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual

sgtsandman

Aircraft Fuel Tank Diver
TRS Forum Moderator
U.S. Military - Active
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Ham Radio Operator
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2011/2019
Make / Model
Ranger XLT/FX4
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC/2.3 Ecoboost
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Pre-2008 lift/Stock
Tire Size
31X10.5R15/265/65R17

Robertmangrum.rm

Wannabe Overlander
Supporting Member
RBV's on Boost
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2.5 level kit with rear add a leaf appox. 1.5
Tire Size
305/70r17
My credo
Buy it, build it, and drive it like you stole it
Not many people around here that don’t speak English, I’m sure they mainly keep to themselves in their own communities.

I worked in a couple factories around LosAngeles area where there were only a couple of people that could actually speak English. Someone had to go find the plant engineer every time I needed something.

I read a newspaper today. Saying the Mayor of DC is very angry about all the Immigrants being bussed up from Texas and Arizona. Claiming there is nowhere to put them all, and there is not enough people to help process them. They are soaking up all the resources needed to help out their own homeless population. Ect.

It’s a bit fucked up playing political games like this, but it makes a very good point. I think it’s going over peoples heads unfortunately. If you don’t want all these random people showing up on your doorstep, what makes you think anyone else does
They are gonna be more in areas where construction is booming. The housing market in Tennessee is on fire. The are building them in every nook and cranny they can find. If you go to any of these sites I bet 85 to 90 percent are immigrants. You want to get angry but then who's gonna build them. The youth these days don't want to learn the trades anymore. When I started wiring houses in 93 you saw a few doing the framing but now they are pretty much every field. That being said our Govenenor Bill Lee owns Lee Heating and Cooling. He is always on TV griping about illegal immigrants but when his crews show up on site they are mostly immigrants as well. Bu when kids can make around 15 to flip burgers and make tacos in the air conditioning why would they want to make the same sweating their buttons off working in a labor intensive job. Unfortunately the small businesses have to hire them to stay afloat.

Blmpkn

Toilet enthusiast
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2.5"
Tire Size
285/75/18
My credo
Its probably better to be self deprecating than self defecating.
Immigrants are everywhere.

Maine is like.. the 2nd whitest state in the country (last I knew anyways) and pretty much as far from the border as you can get...

But from what I've noticed.. the literal majority of our states roofing and landscaping crews are some flavor of assorted Latino lol.

Blmpkn

Toilet enthusiast
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2.5"
Tire Size
285/75/18
My credo
Its probably better to be self deprecating than self defecating.
Christ..

A few years before I started working at the company I do now, they employed something like 10-12 Mexicans. They all worked there for years.

One day, ICE shows up to the shop first thing in the morning.. and all but two of the Mexicans scatter and start running off in every direction.

One of the legal ones who didn't run off, Francisco.. still works there. Hes been there 20 years now I bet, sends most of his money back home. In his time working there he's sent enough money back home to buy a nice plot of land, build his wife and kids a house, built his mother a house next to his, and keeps sending cash back to support them. Super cool guy. Always smells like a cologne store and wears fancy pants. He ended up having a kid with some rather large woman up here too and also supports them lol..

Robertmangrum.rm

Wannabe Overlander
Supporting Member
RBV's on Boost
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2.5 level kit with rear add a leaf appox. 1.5
Tire Size
305/70r17
My credo
Buy it, build it, and drive it like you stole it
Christ..

A few years before I started working at the company I do now, they employed something like 10-12 Mexicans. They all worked there for years.

One day, ICE shows up to the shop first thing in the morning.. and all but two of the Mexicans scatter and start running off in every direction.

One of the legal ones who didn't run off, Francisco.. still works there. Hes been there 20 years now I bet, sends most of his money back home. In his time working there he's sent enough money back home to buy a nice plot of land, build his wife and kids a house, built his mother a house next to his, and keeps sending cash back to support them. Super cool guy. Always smells like a cologne store and wears fancy pants. He ended up having a kid with some rather large woman up here too and also supports them lol..
Most I've found are super nice and great workers. Just believe they should do things the right way. We have a Ukrainian refugee at our shop now. He's trying to get his citizenship. He said he really misses home and had 2 property's there but now is occupied by Russia. He said he could go back and make 500 a month or stay here and make more than that in a week. Easy decision. He took his first family vacation ever last week. He's probably the best worker we have right now.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals