• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Benz om617

1991fordranger1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
3.0 Mercedes diesel
Transmission
Manual
Ill take better pictures. When I get it back to where I was... I was able to repair the slave cylinder and slightly modify it for a different style of bleeder that should avoid the issue happening again.

1991fordranger1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
3.0 Mercedes diesel
Transmission
Manual
I'm using a fm145 trans and I'm having issues with the quick connects on the slave and master cylinders is it just those little pins in them to get them to come loose?

Exenos

Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
I'm really looking forward to seeing this done.

simpler=better

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mercedes
Transmission
Automatic
I'm using a fm145 trans and I'm having issues with the quick connects on the slave and master cylinders is it just those little pins in them to get them to come loose?
I *think* the quick disconnect works like a fuel filter, and you just insert the tool

1991fordranger1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
3.0 Mercedes diesel
Transmission
Manual
I *think* the quick disconnect works like a fuel filter, and you just insert the tool

I got I they are split pins just rusted in there that's all hope to get it all figured out and transmission in tonight to try and get it done this weekend enough to drive it anyways.... If I don't I think my wife will of me.....

1991fordranger1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
3.0 Mercedes diesel
Transmission
Manual
So anyone else get into they're project an your like ok ready to test it go to test and realize you forgot something so you finish that and about to try it again and boom another little thing and another it feels like it will never end.... But from my previous lack of sleep banter you can tell I'm getting close to back on the road which only means I can start to fo some body and and get creative with my bumpers and headache rack and all that fun useless stuff that just looks cool and after wiring and linkages you just wanna play with but I'll stop boring you with my sleep deprived ranting I'll try to take some pictures

1991fordranger1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
3.0 Mercedes diesel
Transmission
Manual

1991fordranger1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
3.0 Mercedes diesel
Transmission
Manual

1991fordranger1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
3.0 Mercedes diesel
Transmission
Manual

simpler=better

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mercedes
Transmission
Automatic
Lookin' good!!!

Stick with it man, the little things are a PITA just knock em' down 1 at a time. My DD still has random crap ziptied together :D

1991fordranger1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
3.0 Mercedes diesel
Transmission
Manual
It's mostly due to the fact that I have bought very little I'm trying to do the entire built for under 3 grand I've done very well making a lot of things from scrap but it just takes a long time lol I'm getting to the end gotta break out the dry erase and make a list on te windshield.. Atleast we got some wierd warm weather up here to keep me going I have bikes piling up I'm suppose to get back into another reason why this feels so long bikes are tons easier in my opinion but this will be cooler then most.... Hmm smart car diesel in a bike that would be cool

Exenos

Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
I know what you mean. I tend to shy away from cars in favor of sleds. Just so much less with them and much simpler.

simpler=better

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mercedes
Transmission
Automatic
A diesel bike would be incredible....do it!

I love my old KZ440 and my ZX600. Even though the 600 is a 4cyl DOHC it's still silly stupid easy to work on.

1991fordranger1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
3.0 Mercedes diesel
Transmission
Manual
My wife picked up a 440 82 and we have a 79 440 at the shop both going into cafe racers good little bikes and ya I wanna of a street fighter style frame and Harley gear box with a smart car Diesel engine got one minus a turbo given to the shop

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals