• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

bench seat swap help!

stamina

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
4” suspension
Tire Size
265/75/r16
My credo
built her in a storage unit
i want to swap out the bench seat in my ute for some of the normal seats from some other truck, basically what i’m asking is what is compatible with the bench seat oem like brackets and such, are the seats from the 2nd gen compatible with the 1st gen? also are bronco ii seats compatible in any way, shape, form or fashion? any information on swapping out the bench seat is much appreciated something i’ve been wanting to do for a while now.

svtcards

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Drop
3'' front 4''back
Tire Size
245 35 18

svtcards

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Drop
3'' front 4''back
Tire Size
245 35 18
Let me know if this helps u

Shran

Junk Collector
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Truck of Month
Reaction score
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
I'm assuming this is true for second gen trucks... if you had a first gen with a bench seat, you only have four seat mounting holes in the floor. Buckets, split bench, etc need four more holes drilled.

2nd and 3rd gen seats will easily fit your truck. You need seat tracks for the cab style you have - so extended cab tracks don't really work in a single cab or vise versa. 1998 up seats will work but you will have to do some custom work on the brackets - not necessarily the tracks. The seat belt buckles are also different after 1998 so plan for that. Lots of little changes over the years, easy to overcome with the right parts.

stamina

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
4” suspension
Tire Size
265/75/r16
My credo
built her in a storage unit
I'm assuming this is true for second gen trucks... if you had a first gen with a bench seat, you only have four seat mounting holes in the floor. Buckets, split bench, etc need four more holes drilled.

2nd and 3rd gen seats will easily fit your truck. You need seat tracks for the cab style you have - so extended cab tracks don't really work in a single cab or vise versa. 1998 up seats will work but you will have to do some custom work on the brackets - not necessarily the tracks. The seat belt buckles are also different after 1998 so plan for that. Lots of little changes over the years, easy to overcome with the right parts.
oh so i need to drill new holes for new tracks?? i did not know that. also how do you deal with the seatbelt problem? also i have a standard cab

Shran

Junk Collector
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Truck of Month
Reaction score
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
oh so i need to drill new holes for new tracks?? i did not know that. also how do you deal with the seatbelt problem? also i have a standard cab
more than likely. Seat belt deal is easy to overcome by using your existing buckles. Just wanted you to aware that 98 up buckles will not work with your belts and 98 up buckles come attached to the seats so it’s tempting to try them.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals