• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Belltech coil question

old guy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Ok I am in the process of lowering my 2wd Bronco II I picked up a set of Belltech 2" lowering coils for a 1989 ranger and installed them this morning and found that it only Lowered it about 7/8". So my question is this to anyone who has used Belltech coils do they settle after using them and if so how Much did them settle?

I liked how the Bronco II looked with the cut coils and I had a full 2" drop on the front but I really don't want to harsh ride that you get when running cut coils. Plus this thing has a 5.0 in it and I think the cut coils would sag out really quick.

Thanks for any input.

Bennybooster

EMT / Paramedic
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
drive it for a bit, they will settle and your ride height wont go down till you drive it

stmitch

March 2011 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
2011 Truck of The Year
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Definitely drive it and let it settle. I'd make sure the springs are properly seated as well.

old guy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
yea I check the sprinig 3 times to make sure they was seated all of the way. It has been a while since I have mess with any suspension work and this is the first one that I ever lowered everything I have ever done has been lifted.

thanks for the input.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals