• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Before and After axle flip, front springs and more

Copper351

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
I thought I would share my progress on my 1990. I bought this as a swapped 5.0 out of a 1992 Cobra Mustang. The previous owner had done a nice job but just really didn't finish it off the way I would. It already had an 8.8 Explorer rear in it under the springs in the first photos along with stock front suspension. Tires are 205 60 15 on the front and 255 60 15 on the rear. wheels are 15 by 7 on the front and 15 by 8 on the rear.

I got another Explorer axle to shorten the drivers side three inches and flipped the perches to put the axle above the springs. That gave me a tad more drop than I wanted so I replaced the lower spring with the Pro Comp Add A Spring (PN 13120). In the front I used the Beltech 2" drop springs, and used Beltech shocks all around.

I took it out today for its first road trip. I still need to get an alignment done but it doesn't drive or look like it is off all that bad at all. its a little higher in the front than I would like but its pretty close to what I was looking for stance wise. I still have a lot to do such as new exhaust and other odds and ends but im getting close. My goal is to have it ready and take on the entire week of the Hot Rod Power Tour and although its not a race truck, possibly Drag Week. I was fortunate enough to get registered for that in the hopes i would have it done. Im close.

snoranger

Professional money waster
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
RBV's on Boost
ASE Certified Tech
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'79,'94,'02,'23
Make / Model
All Fords
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
I didn't ask for your life story, just answer the question!

Copper351

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
Yea I know. Door tag of donor car is 1992 and I inadvertently assumed it was a 1992 model car. I am no fox body expert. Thanks.

JMF661

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger XLT
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Stock
Tire Size
31” x 10.5”
That truck looks like it is pretty quick! 😎

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals