• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Because I really needed another vehicle

wildbill23c

U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ham Radio Operator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Total Drop
Tire Size
215/70-R14
My credo
19K, 19D, 92Y, 88M, 91F....OIF-III (2004-2005)
I gave up and took it to a shop to have them diagnose and fix it, had snow this morning too messy to crawl around in the snow/slush and mud. Shop has a nice clean floor with a lift and all sorts of expensive tools to properly work on these things LOL.

Got pretty much everything else done on my own that I could think of and had the ability to properly test so its time for a pro to get to work.

wildbill23c

U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ham Radio Operator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Total Drop
Tire Size
215/70-R14
My credo
Installed a new distributor, problem solved. Wasn't 100% sure if it was the module in the distributor or the TFI, so without throwing more parts at it, we just went with a replacement distributor...no more issues with it cutting out when its warm. Drives great now...woohoo.

1990RangerinSK

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Installed a new distributor, problem solved. Wasn't 100% sure if it was the module in the distributor or the TFI, so without throwing more parts at it, we just went with a replacement distributor...no more issues with it cutting out when its warm. Drives great now...woohoo.
Well, now! That's great news. And, for the record, I sure don't mind being wrong.

wildbill23c

U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ham Radio Operator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Total Drop
Tire Size
215/70-R14
My credo
Well, now! That's great news. And, for the record, I sure don't mind being wrong.
Well for the record they messed around with the EGR valve in it and it seemed to be working, so they did test that before they went any further. Hard to really tell sometimes where a problem is until you start pulling parts and testing them. I'm just happy its fixed. Filled it up with gas this morning since it was down to about empty, I didn't fill it up before I took it to the shop in case they ended up having to go into the fuel tank for fuel pump issues there, luckily they didn't...but wouldn't have worked out the same if I had filled it up with gas LOL.

Thanks for everyone's help and suggestions, hoping to have this truck for many years to come, love driving it, its just so plain and simple.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals