• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Beadlock Wheels - will they FIT?

jkeckss

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
Hey everyone,
I am curious if anyone knows, I have an 2007 FX4 with stock rims (16" I believe). I found a set of beadlock wheels for cheap, but they are 15" and I am not sure they will clear my brakes etc. Anyone know if you can run 15s on a truck that comes stock with 16s?? :icon_bounceblue:

Thanks in advance!
Justin

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
Your truck is set up for 16's as you said or think they at 16's...go look to see. I do know a few people who have dropped to smaller diameter rims before. Do you know what the backspacing is on the bead locks? That is what really matters the most since you could cause some suspension damage using the wrong offset wheels. Do not buy the rims if you do not know what they are or better yet see if you can take them to a tire shop before you buy them. Maybe mount the rim on your front end before you buy them at the place you are going to buy them. That way you can see where the rim sits on the brake area and if it looks like it is to close to any suspension parts.

jkeckss

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
The rims I was looking at are Bassett (http://www.bassettwheel.com/steel.html). The beadlocks are racing wheels which I imagine are plently strong and come in a variety of backspacing options (some from 1" to 4"). Now there are DOT compliant ones as well but they are not beadlocks and there is no inspections or anything I will have to pass up here so I was going to look into the beadlocks since they are way cheaper than most I have been looking at. Any thoughts? I am wondering if I am asking for trouble or if that is not a bad idea? :icon_confused:

jkeckss

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
Ah damn, what about the DOT ones? They are cheap steelies, I like the looks of em too. Better idea?

Lucifer sam

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
I dont see why not, it even has 4x4 in the description.
I was actually thinking about getting those, except with street tires on them.

jkeckss

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
Sweet, I actually found a vid of a guy who made their own beadlocks out of stock rims. That would be something sweet to try eventually, but I dunno if I am brave enough lol.

pjtoledo

Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Fords
Engine Size
3.0 2.3
Hey everyone,
I am curious if anyone knows, I have an 2007 FX4 with stock rims (16" I believe). I found a set of beadlock wheels for cheap, but they are 15" and I am not sure they will clear my brakes etc. Anyone know if you can run 15s on a truck that comes stock with 16s?? :icon_bounceblue:

Thanks in advance!
Justin
that , you have 12" front rotors right? most 15" wheels won't clear 12" brakes.

jkeckss

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
yeah I was just out and checked the stock wheels are 16s and obviously brake rotors are hard to measure with the wheel on, but I gather that they are 12"

kryptonitecb

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
You can still try a dry fit just to see. If you really want them the option to grind some caliper material is always there. Be warned cause I don't know if this is feasible for your setup.

Sent from the road while ignoring traffic

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals