• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Bagging an '08 4x4?

Seb_L

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
I went to a car show this weekend and saw all these lowered trucks and just fell in love. I know with the 4x4 static dropping the front doesnt work, all I can do is uncrank the torsion bars, so I thought about air bags. My question is can I do it?

I know the rear is do-able and plan on doing it no matter what. Not really into the whole off roading gig with a brand new truck but I do tow a 6x10' enclosed trailer, the truck sags about 1/2" with the AAL I have in it now.

So.. can I put bags in the front??

Fx4wannabe01

February 2010 OTOTM Winner
Article Contributor
OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
anything is possible with money and work.

sell the truck...get something that you actually CAN bag..... plus you'll have to convert to 2wd anyway.

slammedxonair

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
91 and 00
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
You can bag it if you realllly wanted to. But your not going to get very low with the huge front engine crossmember and transfer case. Also don't forget your lift and drop will be limited by the front axles. or you can ditch the 4wd and swap the front clip out.

Seb_L

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Ditching the 4wd is not an option because of our winters. Damn... I guess the only way to be "low" is by a torsion crank. Should be good enough. Slap some 17-18's with 50 profile tires. Then buy me an older 500$ 2wd and do a body off restoration/show truck

Toms01PSD

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Why do you want to lower a 4x4? That's worse than a Hardcore Mall Crawler. And if you're going to throw 50's on your truck, then you might as well get a 2wd because i'm sure they will be useless in winter.

llxRanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Manual
Lowering a 4X4 is like having a Lifted FWD... IMO

Fx4wannabe01

February 2010 OTOTM Winner
Article Contributor
OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I've always wanted to build a hot supercharged 5.0L ranger......throw in a AWD explorer case and related parts...basically...it'd be called Exploranger. Low AWD 400 horse sleeper!

Seb_L

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Why do you want to lower a 4x4? That's worse than a Hardcore Mall Crawler. And if you're going to throw 50's on your truck, then you might as well get a 2wd because i'm sure they will be useless in winter.
I got a 4x4 because I NEED a 4x4. And I want to lower it because I have no plans to wheel it, so why not go the other direction. The 50's won't stay on for winter guy, I have my stock rims and rubber.

Lowering a 4X4 is like having a Lifted FWD... IMO
Why? So having a lowered WRX or AWD Xploder is the same? My decision to lower has nothing to do with 4x4 or not. I don't want a 2wd truck in these insane winters.

slammedxonair

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
91 and 00
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
Where you from? I plow snow with my ranger :) daily driver ranger is bagged in northern Ohio winters. My buddy used to drive his body dropped s10 in the winter.

Seb_L

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
I'm in Ottawa Ontario. I think for the rear I'll just remove the blocks and put Firestone bags cause if I do an axle flip I'll be 1.5" lower in the rear than the front

triumphrider-1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford F150
Engine Size
3.7L
Transmission
Automatic
I've always wanted to build a hot supercharged 5.0L ranger......throw in a AWD explorer case and related parts...basically...it'd be called Exploranger. Low AWD 400 horse sleeper!
I've been thinking about the same thing, but instead of a 5.0L I wanted to run a turbo 2.3L and a fiberglass front clip (get closer to a 50/50 weight balance). :headbang:

Toms01PSD

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I got a 4x4 because I NEED a 4x4. And I want to lower it because I have no plans to wheel it, so why not go the other direction. The 50's won't stay on for winter guy, I have my stock rims and rubber.
How are you going to fit stock rims/tires if you lower it alot?

Seb_L

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Thank you^ lol

Next week I will be uncranking the TB for around a 2" drop from stock in the front. And while at the shop for an alignement I'll get the AAL removed and the block and see how it is from there.

If I want a lower drop in the back are there lowering leaf packs? Or could I get airbags for the rear (the ones ppl use to level there trucks) for a bit of a drop?

Thanks

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals