• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Bagged and Z'd // 5.0L M50D-R2

2Krngr

Parts Hoarder
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2000 Supercab
Make / Model
Stepside
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
5.0L GT40
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
People commonly use the 7" GEO Metro booster swap as it is very small but it's lacking in assisting long hard stops, I was looking for something a bit bigger.

After looking through 100's of options I came across a Subaru WRX booster which is also a Dual Diaphragm, but only half as thick.
This is enough booster and master for the 4-piston Brembos that come OEM on the Subaru's, so it will be miles better than the GEO would be.

GEO Metro booster is a 7" Single Diaphragm
Ranger booster is a 8.8" Dual Diaphragm
Subaru booster is a 8.6" Dual Diaphragm

The Ranger and Subaru master cylinder both have a 1" Bore

Although they have essentially the same size diaphragm the housing's overall diameter is much smaller, as well as the obvious depth which fit perfectly leaving plenty of room surrounding it.

20210907_180635.jpg

20210907_205609.jpg

20210907_205620.jpg

20210907_205640.jpg

Busypees

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
You are very talented, love how this build has taken shape so far!

rumblecloud

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger Splash
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
1-1/2 inch front leveling
Total Drop
Stock
Tire Size
31/10.50/15
My credo
What's the worst that could happen?
Talented -- and certifiably insane.

Just catching up on this thread. Mad skills, which sadly, I don't have enough time left in my life to accumulate.

01Bagged5.0

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
Hows this going? Did you ever finish. Im about to start working on a frame for my bagged 01 edge that was 5.0 swapped

2Krngr

Parts Hoarder
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2000 Supercab
Make / Model
Stepside
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
5.0L GT40
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Hows this going? Did you ever finish. Im about to start working on a frame for my bagged 01 edge that was 5.0 swapped
Truck is not done, it is just an ongoing hobby build with no timeline it's just for fun. I mainly work on it when I am mad or sad as a zen sorta thing haha. This year I haven't done too much on it as I have been building an AWD 5.0 Lowered FX4 Level II to be a daily driver. Which is now done and on the road, but proved to be a pain in the ass.

Would love to see more pics of your truck! looks bodied in the pics, and being a torsion truck wonder if you swapped frames for 2wd frame or hacked the shit out of the edge frame? Also interested in what your new frame build plans are?

01Bagged5.0

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
That sounds like a cool build also. I just picked up an FX4 level II interior for my truck. And got a score on an STX bumper for $60. Im going to be working on a build thread for mine soon. I am new to the forum but have read ever word of yours for the last few months.

My truck is a 01 Edge and it does have the torsion bar frame. Their wasnt much that had to be done just welded a bag mount to the frame and lower a arm then pull all the torsion bar stuff. Bad part is im told ill have to Z the frame almost 4inches

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals