• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

2.3L ('83-'97) Bad pcm???? Or????

Thomastreeways

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford ranger xl
Transmission
Manual
I have a 1996 Ford ranger, all my lights are screwed up, if I turn the headlights on kills the truck, blinkers blink fast and makes truck die so does applying the brakes, and now when I turn the key on the check engine light does not come on, could this be a bad pcm?? Or ????? , I checked fuses, went through all the wiring I could, checked my grounds, the ones I found, put a brand new alternator and battery, give it a tune up, checked the wires at the pcm, also to the fuse box, any ideas very much appreciated, thankyou all very much, nice to meet ya all

scotts90ranger

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1990, 1997
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3 Turbo
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
35"
That sounds much more like bad power getting to important things... The brake lights and headlights are not connected to the computer in any way other than wherever they get their power or where the key gets it's power to turn everything on in the first place.

Thomastreeways

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford ranger xl
Transmission
Manual
That sounds much more like bad power getting to important things... The brake lights and headlights are not connected to the computer in any way other than wherever they get their power or where the key gets it's power to turn everything on in the first place.
Thanks, for your input, problem just happened outta the blue, just don’t have no clue when it comes to electrical, like maybe a bad short somewhere?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals