• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

b2 window tint

94xlt4.0

Article Contributor
ASE Certified Tech
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4.0, 2.9, 4.0
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
has anyone tinted their own windows in a bronco 2? im just curious how hard it was to get the rear side windows done. i have done tint before on a few different vehicles (most fun was a vw 21 window bus) so im not a rookie at it. just looking for a little guidance on this one

94xlt4.0

Article Contributor
ASE Certified Tech
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4.0, 2.9, 4.0
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
really, nobody?

Jason

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
(formerly) 200
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Is there a question? If you have to ask, pay someone. Nothing is more ghetto than bubbly tint.

94xlt4.0

Article Contributor
ASE Certified Tech
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4.0, 2.9, 4.0
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Is there a question? If you have to ask, pay someone. Nothing is more ghetto than bubbly tint.
obviously you didnt read that this is far from my first tint job, just asking for someone with experience on a b2 not some smart ass with a useless comment

chrwilkins30

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Where would you get a piece that big out of curiosity.

The_Dealer

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Duh!
Transmission
Automatic
Take your tint and heat shrink it. What u do is when u cut them out put them on the outside of the opposit window, with the backing still on. Spray your soapy solution(I like baby shampoo) and wet the shit out of your window. Then u squeegee it like u are tinting. When u get to the top where it won't stay down and bulges up take your heat gun and lightly heat the tintn then squeegee it. U don't want a lot of heat here as it will wrinkle your tint. When u get it where it stays down then u are ready to apply it. When heat shrinking u want the clear backing facing u. A hard card works good here. When u go to put the tint on and u have the little "fingers" that won't stay down use a little heat until the "finger" spirals up then squeegee it down. U can use this method for any contoured window to get a perfect fit. Btw I used to work at a tint shop

Might wanna tale some scraps to practice with so u can get the feel for it. The thing about tint is use a lot of solution to "float" the dirt out so u don't have anything in there

Hope this helps

Jason

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
(formerly) 200
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
obviously you didnt read that this is far from my first tint job, just asking for someone with experience on a b2 not some smart ass with a useless comment
Hmmm. You may want to not ask on the internet if your skin is so thin.

The_Dealer

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Duh!
Transmission
Automatic
Ebay has lazer cut tint for specific vehicles that are cut to size in whatever tint percentage u want. Lumar, which is what high quality tint shops are. I used some autozone "better" 5 percent and it was on for about 6yrs on my ranger with no probs or uv fading. Just hard to find a piece that big there

94xlt4.0

Article Contributor
ASE Certified Tech
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4.0, 2.9, 4.0
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Hmmm. You may want to not ask on the internet if your skin is so thin.
skins aint thin just asked a question that was directed toward someone with experience in the subject which clearly you have none so keep your posts to yourself if you weren't directly asked

Ebay has lazer cut tint for specific vehicles that are cut to size in whatever tint percentage u want. Lumar, which is what high quality tint shops are. I used some autozone "better" 5 percent and it was on for about 6yrs on my ranger with no probs or uv fading. Just hard to find a piece that big there
thanks, i appreciate the tips, ive done the heat thing for rear windows in cars and didnt even think to do it for the side windows in the b2

407Link

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
its not hard just don't use the cr#p autozone stuff. Its real thin and hard to work with the thicker the easier go to a local tint shop and buy a sheet

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals