• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

b2 lift

will.moyer

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9l
Transmission
Automatic
ok soooo i went to the junkyard and really had a hard time dealing with some of the people and i said screw it... first question rough country 4in good? bad? what i dont know anybody who runs it and only off roading i do right now is mud on the farm waiting till im done with school to go to uwharrie but anyways how does rough country match up against everything else is it worth it or am i just wasting my money?

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
RC for the money is alright.. IF you order RC, call RC directly in Dyersburg and order straight from them.

depends on what you want really. Just room for some larger tires, do it.
suspension travel, ride quality, etc... don't do RC.

I ran a RC for awhile and didn't really complain about it.. I just wanted more travel and a little softer ride.

Honestly if I was to do it all over again, I would just piece a lift together myself in the beginning....
EB coils, custom long arms, longer shocks, etc.... but you'll end up with more money in it than RC, but you'll have a better lift.

UrbanRedneckKid

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
The RC lift is a great economically priced lift. The only downfall is the potential of knocking a hole in the top of your pumpkin. The plate style drop bracket for the PS arm will contact the diff, if the bumpstop isn't properly set-up.

All you have to do is cycle the suspension without the coil and shock, make sure it hits the bumpstop with an inch of clearance above the diff.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

will.moyer

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9l
Transmission
Automatic
RC for the money is alright.. IF you order RC, call RC directly in Dyersburg and order straight from them.

depends on what you want really. Just room for some larger tires, do it.
suspension travel, ride quality, etc... don't do RC.

I ran a RC for awhile and didn't really complain about it.. I just wanted more travel and a little softer ride.

Honestly if I was to do it all over again, I would just piece a lift together myself in the beginning....
EB coils, custom long arms, longer shocks, etc.... but you'll end up with more money in it than RC, but you'll have a better lift.
yeah right now its for bigger tires and later on ill start changing pieces over to super lift and plus next year ill be at norfolk state university and well i dont think they know what mud is haha and right now ride quality wont change between my sagging coils and rusted shocks and a crack in my leaf spring sooo i feel like it would be an upgrade… but i would wait on the trail riding as i have heard that rc is only truely useable for mud or beach riding

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
I did logging trails and stuff on RC lift, used it for hunting.

I wouldn't upgrade to Superlift per say... I'd use the better of each piece. Early Bronco coils, f250 shock towers, etc.... Youll find that info if you look around on here.

will.moyer

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9l
Transmission
Automatic
i see, i guess im just use to hearing people talk about super lift and pro comp thats all people really buy around here well my friends atleast thanks man pretty helpful

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
I'd do James Duff before I did either of those. Procomp has never impressed me on certain items, like brackets...

Whatever you decide, take your time, research it... and build the rig that YOU want. I can pressure you into doing EB coils and long arms and $300 steering, but you may not need that. I have probably $1200 in my front suspension, steering, locker, and gears...

will.moyer

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9l
Transmission
Automatic
thats how some of my buddys are haha just had a kid i go to school i with hit a deer and had to replace his entire front driver side suspension amongst everything else but i ran in to a bigger problem today alternator has been causing a draw im hoping its just the alternator fuses but who knows until i can get out there once its not cold

70roadrunner

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
plymouth
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I used explorer leafs and coils, along with 2" coil spacers. ended up with 2 1/2" lift, and horrible camber! also, front driveshaft has only about 3/8" clearance to the radius arm crossmember. keep these things in mind when you choose your lift kit, as most kits don't address these issues. that's why quality lifts cot so much, and why I am building my own long radius arms and crossmember

vwa1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
I recently put a Rough Country 4" lift on my B2 and I'm pretty happy with it. My stock rear springs were broken, not just worn out, so I ordered the rear springs as well. Only issue I have is that the front springs seem way too heavy. My B2 doesn't really flex anymore, it just lifts a wheel off the ground. I'm thinking that jumping it off a terrace or two might soften them up a bit. Install was pretty straightforward and all the parts fit right. Still took awhile though, even in a fully equipped shop with a rotary lift. Had to have the alignment shop put in camber adjusting sleeves as lifting it really thew it out of wack. Also, with 31x10.50's the 2.9 with an auto trans is sloooow. So yeah, now I'm on the lookout for parts to do the 4.0/m5od/explorer axles swap.

will.moyer

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9l
Transmission
Automatic
yeah we have a 5.0 out of a full size waiting to go in just gotta have time, and well lots of time haha and patience but im also toying with the idea of putting a diseal in it for better mileage

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
yeah the biggest downfall is the RC coils are 445ppi... which is only 10 short of what the F250 lift coils are (455ppi). Makes ZERO sense the baby little B2 would have coils that stiff.

the fix is early bronco coils...

will.moyer

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9l
Transmission
Automatic
yeah the biggest downfall is the RC coils are 445ppi... which is only 10 short of what the F250 lift coils are (455ppi). Makes ZERO sense the baby little B2 would have coils that stiff.

the fix is early bronco coils...
im getting the feeling you want a early bronco haha but who doesnt if had the money theres a guy here selling a read one with a soft top on 34s

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
Oh I'd love an EB.... Wanna buy me one?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals