• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

AVM/WARN Manual Hubs

William Spitzer

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9, 2.3
Transmission
Manual
So, this is probably a dumb question but what is the difference of the 98-00 international Rangers and the ones here in the US? Warn's website only lists hubs for the 98-00 international model, and i want to make sure I cant use them. I got a set of AVM hubs for Christmas, and a few days ago the passengers side went ballistic. Not at all satisfied by the quality of the "military grade" plastic internals, which coincidentally is what broke. Also not very satisfied with www.4wheelingplus.com, 3 emails and 6 days later i finally got a single sentence response. Ok, I'm done ranting, does anyone have any input?

RangerDan99

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4 liter V6
Transmission
Manual
yeah i am having the same problem and so are a few of my friends i have the rugged ridge with are the same as the AVM i do believe and i have been thru 4 sets with the Plastic Interinals snaping and i only do sme easy wheeling. i had a set break just driving in cleveland's winter that i only used them 4 times! anything i can do short of a SAS?

Sasquatch_Ryda

Ford Technician
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Forum Staff - Retired
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Tire Size
40s
Yea, swap it all out to the 00+ live axle set up and never worry about hubs again.

schaffer

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Was wondering the same thing about the warn hubs. Thought about ordering a set and trying it out.

Hopefully got a set of avm's on the way.

gribly

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Honda
Engine Size
K20A3
Transmission
Manual
I agree with sasquatch, the only fixes I know of are converting to a newer live axle or permanently locking the stock vacuum hubs.

You can, however, replace your spindle bearings. It'll allow the plastic hubs to last a little bit longer, I guess they're prone to breaking completely off in 2wd on the highway.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals