• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

autofab or custom?

rngrracing96

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
2.9 EFI
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
33x10.5x15
Hey I was hoping someone could help me on making this desision. I am looking to purchase a long travel beam kit. I am leaning toward the 2wd kit from auto fab. ive heard good things about them but at around 3000 it seems steep. I also found in the classifieds at race dezert, custom beams and pretty much the whole kit for 800 .http://www.race-dezert.com/cgi-bin/trader/atl.cgi?ct=7&md=second&id=14429 my major problem is i live in NH :bawling: as far away from the desert world as you can get. I figured out shipping would be around 200. so my question is what would you do, Get the more expensive yet more trust worthy kit or go cheap and get the 5in beams? Be aware this would be my first suspension install. I know its an expensive hobby money isnt a major concern but saving it always helps. Thanks everyone, Evan

doyouquaxu

Reaction score
have you tried to contact dave at threat motorsports? i believe he's on this site as well, i know he's on dezertrangers.com every now and then, and probably migrated over to a different site for free advertising for all 5 of it's members.....

anyways, he has great beam kits at affordable prices.

AaronC

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0l
Transmission
Manual
I've ran a threat kit. I acquired it through bartering. It was a good quality kit. Dave seems like a great guy over the phone. Don't spend 3,000 on something like that. I have ran a autofab kit on my F-150. It was fun until I had a issues with cold pulse welds. I'll just leave it there.

Also, there is a young guy in Victorville who's following in Dave's foot steps. No. 7 Suspension I believe..

rngrracing96

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
2.9 EFI
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
33x10.5x15
any idea on prices for no.7 suspension or should i just shoot him an email? I also have look at threatmotorsports kit. It seems like the best buy. Very reasonable prices. Seem that everyone who buys his products love them. I think i will send him an email as well.

Last edited:

AaronC

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0l
Transmission
Manual
any idea on prices for no.7 suspension or should i just shoot him an email? I also have look at threatmotorsports kit. It seems like the best buy. Very reasonable prices. Seem that everyone who buys his products love them. I think i will send him an email as well.
Um.. he was better priced then Threat there for a little but he was also working out of his garage and hand cutting everything and eating his own labor. Now he is in a shop and having all his parts cnc'd so his prices are comparable to Threats..

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals