• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Auto shipping

ryan

Forum Administrator
Administrator
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Tire Size
My dad really wants to buy my jeep, but it'd have to get shipped to him. Anyone used shippers before? What do I need to know?

If you have used one, and could recommend someone to check out, I'd appreciate it

snake

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Don't even think about horseless carriage unless you have a few platinum cards with 10 grand left on 'em...

A friend of mine found one online and shipped a '66 galaxie from TX to NC (1400 miles) for $800. This was a few months back when fuel was peaking at well over $4 a gallon. The requirements were it had to start, run, move and stop on its own, as he didn't haul junk cars. The place was out of Garland, TX I think. I can get the number if you want, might take 1/2 a day to get ahold of the guy.

ryan

Forum Administrator
Administrator
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Tire Size
well, this is a 30 yr old jeep. classic to some, but not worth the white glove service you need for something going to barrett jackson

i just need someone who will be able to take it from point A to point B and not lose it during that process

ryan

Forum Administrator
Administrator
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Tire Size
Don't even think about horseless carriage unless you have a few platinum cards with 10 grand left on 'em...

A friend of mine found one online and shipped a '66 galaxie from TX to NC (1400 miles) for $800. This was a few months back when fuel was peaking at well over $4 a gallon. The requirements were it had to start, run, move and stop on its own, as he didn't haul junk cars. The place was out of Garland, TX I think. I can get the number if you want, might take 1/2 a day to get ahold of the guy.
if you could that'd be excellent - the jeep is going to the Dallas area

snake

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
OK. The guy sleeps during the day, so I'll get a hold of him this evening.

mjonesjr

I dance with the Devil...
Firefighter
Forum Staff - Retired
Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
I will fly up there, pick it up and drive it to Dallas and fly home for $1,600.

kevinsranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Transmission
Automatic
I did a search online a few months ago because i had a car shipped from jersey to upstate ny and you put your info in and you get back like 20 quotes from different companies, i think it cost about 375 and that was more because the car didnt run, if it runs its cheaper.

snake

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Moore's auto transport. If you need the number I can get that too...

edit: got the number. 903-891-3700 they are out of Sherman, tx, just north of Dallas.

Last edited:

OilPatch197

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984/87
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
Why ship? Have you talked to the local 24/7 tow company? They will drive out and tow it back, most will.

Or be a cheap SOB and rent a U-haul with a car dolly, go out and bring it back yourself!

Last edited:

snake

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Find a tow company that will do that for less than $1 a mile (both ways) good luck! Even driving it yourself, firgure up the price of fuel alone, then your time, food, 4 days off from work, and that's without a breakdown (can you say, tire blowout?). Its way cheaper to hire a car hauler in this case. My frined got his shipped for about 60c a mile.

ryan

Forum Administrator
Administrator
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Tire Size
Why ship? Have you talked to the local 24/7 tow company? They will drive out and tow it back, most will.

Or be a cheap SOB and rent a U-haul with a car dolly, go out and bring it back yourself!
it's going long distance - NJ to TX. too long for a local co

have thought about doing it myself, but it's all about the time off from work for it. too many days in a bad economy.

kevinsranger - how was your experience with the broker? did you end up using one of the companies you found on there?

kevinsranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Transmission
Automatic
it's going long distance - NJ to TX. too long for a local co

have thought about doing it myself, but it's all about the time off from work for it. too many days in a bad economy.

kevinsranger - how was your experience with the broker? did you end up using one of the companies you found on there?
yea and it went really good, guy picked up the car and had it there in few days with no issues what so ever, the site didnt cost anything and i got alot of quotes ranging from really good price to really expensive, just do a google search for auto transport and its one of the top few results.

Will

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Toyota
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
1,600 miles. I got my bus delivered for $1.30/mile. Unless you can stick that Jeep in the back of a semi trailer already heading that way I don't see how it can be worth it.

ryan

Forum Administrator
Administrator
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Tire Size
1,600 miles. I got my bus delivered for $1.30/mile. Unless you can stick that Jeep in the back of a semi trailer already heading that way I don't see how it can be worth it.
yeah - i'm even contemplating renting a trailer to take it out there over xmas. very tough. thankfully gas prices are coming down

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals