• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

AUSTEKK aluminum thermostat housing installed...

Mike Tonon

I used a Motorcraft temperature sensor, thermostat and that short elbow hose underneath the housing. I have my reasons as to why I used factory parts for that. Everything else was either the AUSTEKK parts or reused the old parts. If anyone has any questions, just ask. It was a pain, but it’s done. Also took off and cleaned the MAF sensor, IAC and EGR valves, while I was in there.

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
The Ranger intake makes that much harder than it needed to be. I have found that removing the throttle body helps greatly.

I have also found that removing the bypass hose at the water pump, and then taking it off the stat housing once everything is out makes it easier.

Mike Tonon

I did the opposite with the hose, I suppose it would have been easier if I did that. Everything is tight in there. That crush gasket that goes on the bottom of the housing, I’m amazed I got it in place without it falling off or folding. I used the AUSTEKK one, I would have used the Motorcraft one that I bought, but it was significantly deeper. I was concerned that it was going to act like leaving the old oil filter gasket on and putting a new oil filter on top of it. The screws were tricky, getting everything to line up and getting a wrench to the back one. There was also 3 hoses on the passenger side that attached to a bracket with two screws. I took that off. The back screw was a pain. I’m surprised I didn’t drop it in there.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals