AUSTEKK aluminum thermostat housing installed...

Mike Tonon

I used a Motorcraft temperature sensor, thermostat and that short elbow hose underneath the housing. I have my reasons as to why I used factory parts for that. Everything else was either the AUSTEKK parts or reused the old parts. If anyone has any questions, just ask. It was a pain, but it’s done. Also took off and cleaned the MAF sensor, IAC and EGR valves, while I was in there.

Rock Auto 5% Discount Code: 248EE46702D889 Expires: October 1, 2019

adsm08

Supporting Member
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
The Ranger intake makes that much harder than it needed to be. I have found that removing the throttle body helps greatly.

I have also found that removing the bypass hose at the water pump, and then taking it off the stat housing once everything is out makes it easier.

Mike Tonon

I did the opposite with the hose, I suppose it would have been easier if I did that. Everything is tight in there. That crush gasket that goes on the bottom of the housing, I’m amazed I got it in place without it falling off or folding. I used the AUSTEKK one, I would have used the Motorcraft one that I bought, but it was significantly deeper. I was concerned that it was going to act like leaving the old oil filter gasket on and putting a new oil filter on top of it. The screws were tricky, getting everything to line up and getting a wrench to the back one. There was also 3 hoses on the passenger side that attached to a bracket with two screws. I took that off. The back screw was a pain. I’m surprised I didn’t drop it in there.