• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

attention all vets:

cody93

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
thank you for your service.

being from the ozarks were most the military comes from, i have a respect for those who put everything on the line to protect us. a little voice in my head said thank a vet so thank you.

rtg143

U.S. Military - Veteran
ASE Certified Tech
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.4l
Transmission
Automatic
You're welcome and thank you if you are. Thanks to all of the other vets and active.

94 lngbd

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.3l
Transmission
Manual
I would like to THANK ALL members of the armed service's & even the police & fire depts as they keep us safe at home while the military do it from afar. I wish I could go back in time & be involved in the military.

Will

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Toyota
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
A vet saved my dog from parvo back in '98 and I'll never forget him. I forgot his name though. Doctor something. It starts with a V. Vermillion I think.

doorgunner

Lab Rat for V.A. hospital
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
2009 Truck of The Year
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
New Orleans (8' below sea level & sinking)
Vehicle Year
1934/1989
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
350+1
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
N/A
Total Drop
3/4
Tire Size
23570R15
My credo
JESUS Loves Ya!
When I wake up today.......

I'll remember/wipe away the tears/wake up the family/get the BBQ pit ready/

and have flashbacks the rest of the day without telling anyone....

but don't pity me...

Honor those who gave it all.

Will

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Toyota
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I expected to be abused for my comment. I'm really damn sorry I wasn't.

Memorial Day isn't for "all vets who served their country." It's for those that were killed doing so. It's not the time for painting every single vet--from swabbie on the deck of the USS Minnow on up as a hero--it's to memorialize all the people that actually died in the armed service of their country.

I was in a war and know people that were killed. I walked American cemeteries in Europe and the Pacific, and I was Color Sergeant during the 50th D-Day anniversary along Normandy Beach back in 1994. We traveled in our dress blues in a big white Chevy van from American Embassy Paris to places where US veterans were going to honor their dead and participated in flag and wreathe ceremonies. The French and very keen on these things and do a lot to protect the memory of American, British and Canadian lives lost on their land in WW2.

They might be dead now, but the French Indochine veterans recognize my bosses ribbons and knew he had served in Vietnam. Every little village we showed up in had a groupl of older veterans that would come out in their blue blazers and their ribbons. french people lay wreathes at every monument.

The D-day 50th was an amazing year to be who I was and see what I saw. The numbers of US veterans in France and to stand in front of them, along with the 3 other members of our colors team, was incredible. The little fact that our other flag was the Marine Corps flag mattered nothing. The US Marines didn't land on D-Day, but since we were the only US military presence in France in 1994, it didn't matter.

Besides, who is going to walk up to a 200# marine sergeant with 4-rows of ribbons and carrying a 12' spear with an American flag attached to it and tell him he doesn't rate to be here?

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
I see many old people in my travels and often wonder where they were in their lives...the loved ones that they have who may neglect them in their old age or those fortunate enough to have children and grand children to comfort them. I wonder about their service during the many wars and peace keeping activities they may have participated in and whether they saw action.

I've never served in an armed forces role due to my wonky hearing and at times am grateful for this exclusion. I know for sure I would have gone to the places they'd send me and know for sure that I would feel a bit of fear that something might happen to me or my friends.

On Memorial Day or Remembrance Day I like to attend the service held in whatever town or city I'm in and reflect on those who served and lost their lives. I see the survivors as they stand solemnly at attention with heads bowed in respect for the friends and relatives they lost and I feel their loss, try to imagine their torment. I also try to imagine their determination to make it home and to win that war even if they have to pay the price.

People who serve and go through those feelings, emotions and loose those around them, see their friends and buddies breathe their last, or anguish over a friend who will never return...they died a little over a long period of time.

They came back as different people...reborn, in a sense, as people who survived. So, to me, these memorial services also honour those people. They are the ones we carry on with...survivors...the ones who want us to remember those who died for our freedom, their friends and family members, more so than the politicians who offer the lives of their citizens in the great travesty of "civilization".

doorgunner

Lab Rat for V.A. hospital
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
2009 Truck of The Year
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
New Orleans (8' below sea level & sinking)
Vehicle Year
1934/1989
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
350+1
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
N/A
Total Drop
3/4
Tire Size
23570R15
My credo
JESUS Loves Ya!
a vet saved my dog from parvo back in '98 and i'll never forget him. I forgot his name though. Doctor something. It starts with a v. Vermillion i think.
hay..you got nothing better to do than make fun on memorial day...i hope yore f****** d*** falls off!

when i wake up today(memorial day).......i'll remember/wipe away the tears/wake up the family/get the bbq pit ready/and have flashbacks the rest of the day without telling anyone....

But don't pity me...honor those who gave it all.

i expected to be abused for my comment. I'm really damn sorry i wasn't. there...ya feel better now!!!

memorial day isn't for "all vets who served their country." it's for those that were killed doing so. exactlly it's not the time for painting every single vet--from swabbie on the deck of the uss minnow on up as a hero--it's to memorialize all the people that actually died in the armed service of their country. exactly again!

i was in a war and know people that were killed. exactly!i walked american cemeteries in europe and the pacific, and i was color sergeant during the 50th d-day anniversary along normandy beach back in 1994. We traveled in our dress blues in a big white chevy van from american embassy paris to places where us veterans were going to honor their dead and participated in flag and wreathe ceremonies. The french and very keen on these things and do a lot to protect the memory of american, british and canadian lives lost on their land in ww2.

They might be dead now, but the french indochine veterans recognize my bosses ribbons and knew he had served in vietnam. Every little village we showed up in had a groupl of older veterans that would come out in their blue blazers and their ribbons. French people lay wreathes at every monument.

The d-day 50th was an amazing year to be who i was and see what i saw. The numbers of us veterans in france and to stand in front of them, along with the 3 other members of our colors team, was incredible. The little fact that our other flag was the marine corps flag mattered nothing. The us marines didn't land on d-day, but since we were the only us military presence in france in 1994, it didn't matter.

Besides, who is going to walk up to a 200# marine sergeant with 4-rows of ribbons and carrying a 12' spear with an american flag attached to it and tell him he doesn't rate to be here? exactly!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals