• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Attacked working on my own truck..

PaleBlue90

Solid Axle Swap
RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
2.3,2.9 and 4.0
Transmission
Manual
get the carb cleaner! its like acid to those little bastages. im deathly allergic. if i get stung my windpipe gets cut off....

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
I love wasp. They are a truly amazing creature. We need more wasp in our world. But why do they build their nest in your trucks....because...you guys don't drive your trucks enough....lol

User Name missing

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Last year, both T posts for the clothesline were filled with wasps. So every couple of days, I'd go out with 2 cans of spray, 1 stream and 1 spray (for when the ****ers chase me). My wife would watch from the bathroom window laughing at me cause I would get up close enough to stream into the tiny holes, then they would start flying out and I'd run toward the house using the other spray. return and repeat. Then I started filling the holes with silicone since I didnt have any great stuff foam. They came back again this year, so I repeated the process and then filled the holes with lit sparklers one night......I was half lit and thought it was a good idea at the time.....

Also last year I had to destroy a yellow jacket hive in the ground behind the shed. Problem was the hive was under a coil of old hose. so after many attempts to get close enough to dump gas on it, I finally used my head, lassoed the hose and moved it at a safe distance. Once moved, grabbed a 5 gal bucket of dirt and the gas can. They never had a chance. Right before the ground froze, I dug up the hive. It was about the size of a basket ball.

Once I got rid of that hive, there was still bees hangn out. discovered a hive way the **** up in a tree. Spent all winter throwing **** up there to knock it down and never did. Came out one day in early spring to find it in pieces on the ground.

So all in all, I never got stung. A ****ing miracle if you ask me! This doesn't include all the many little nests/hives I've found here and there.

ChrisR1S

10/2013 STOTM Winner
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Mild 5.0
Transmission
Manual
SO im sitting here typing with my left hand; the right is swollen twice as much as yesterday. swelling from knuckles to wrist. I'm popping Benadryl much as is advised and keeping it nice and cool. Just hoping it starts to ease off soon. IMO no need to get it checked out because im still getting adequate circulation in my fingers. that and a doc wouldnt do anything different than admin a shot of Benadryl once the current dose wears off. I believe its safe to assume ive developed a hypersensitivity to wasp venom! The culprits are no longer with us though thanks to brake cleaner :icon_twisted:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals